• Show
Clear All

Amazing touring!

So much love for mtech tourings, this one is mint

Curious to see it with the rear spoiler
    Instagram : makeitsnap

1985 e28 520i

Comment

Can you PM a link to where I can find an Mtech II spoiler for the Touring. Mine normal one is on its way out.

Comment

Great build!
        sigpic
        January 2012 COTM

Comment

The MT2 rear spoiler copies re being postponed. I do not have enough time at the moment. It will be done, just not right away.

They are difficult to come by, hence me wanting to make copies

In the meantime the car was in the body shop:

Got the wheel re-trimmed

some of you may notice that the door brake is red - this was not painted and am trying to source a good black one - mine broke

Apart from that, I am getting the headlight intensive wash and wipe system together. The wiper blades cost a mint, but I would rather that it works, and works correctly.

Further more I am getting a set of french headlights made up. By made up I mean the glass from an e34, onto e30 headlights

need to locate some yellow fog lights, maybe just use yellow film for now. But before any of that happens. The roof lining needs to be done.
          Djordje

If we hit that bullseye, the rest of the dominoes should fall like a house of cards. Checkmate!

Comment

:devil::coolphoto:

Comment

super ride!

Comment

gonna be a great car!

Comment

Love the seats. They are the same color and material as mine. Also where did you get the original Mtech spoiler?

Comment

The rear spoiler was more or less luck. Some guy on German ebay was selling it. I asked him about it and he said that he was parting the car because he didn't drive it any more and that the upkeep such as TÃœV and registration in Germany isn't that cheap, especially for a car he didn't drive. As mentioned previously, I am planning to make copies of the spoiler however, time is not really on my side.
                    Djordje

If we hit that bullseye, the rest of the dominoes should fall like a house of cards. Checkmate!

Comment

What a transformation! Great work, keep it up.

Comment

And the yellow headlights were made

Then had a little accident

So the front valance, hood/bonnet, headlight, bumper, carrier, gille and kedney are damanged. Good news is the yellow headlights look ok

And just for the hell of it

Anyway, I have found a very lean front valance, maybe a good bonnet/hood, good bumper carrier and bracket. No body wants to sell me a second hamd mtech 2 bumper so have ordered a new one. Then need to go back a few steps and back to the body shop. The left wing/quater has a scratch and it too will need to be fixed. Update once its all done.
                        Djordje

Comment

So after having an accident and wreaking the MT2 front bumper I bought a new one, as no one is willing to sell them

Here is the new one

and repaired

Djordje

Comment

So after having an accident and wreaking the MT2 front bumper I bought a new one, as no one is willing to sell them

Here is the new one

and repaired

Djordje

Comment

So a new one was bought

some other bits, secondhand - cut the hole for a/c and had it blasted and powdercoated

and repaired

Just to note, the plastic copy yellow fogs are just that a copy - the plugs are very poorly done. Ohh well. Going to wait for a original set to turn up somewhere.
                              Djordje

Comment

So after washing the car we have rain :)

We proceeded to massage the panel work to make sure the gaping was good on the front kidneys and mask

had to do some repair work on the headers and decided to get the warped

and finally started doing the headliner

more soon... I hope
                                Djordje

Comment

Working...
                                X