Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Forget "Climate Change", let's talk about Solar Cycle 25.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ForcedFirebird View Post
    It is real, and is happening, though (found dedicated sites like sunspotwatch.com). I have been taking a liking to astronomy as of late, so instantly checked the facts the other day after reading that.

Reliable sources...

Newsweek:
    The sun just produced its biggest solar flare for 12 years—despite supposedly being in one of its quietest phases.

Solar Science:
    https://solarscience.msfc.nasa.gov/SunspotCycle.shtml
    Another with hourly updates and sunspot tracking...

https://www.spaceweatherlive.com/en/...unspot-regions
    Thanks for supplying reliable sources - I'll check those out for sure.
    Steve • Toronto
    1991 318is • Brillantrot
    Build Thread

Comment

Originally posted by mrsleeve View Post
      Also cale solar outputs are anything but stable historically........
      Yes the sun is anything but stable, but this constant droning on about how science never considers the sun needs to crawl into a hole and die. Stop bringing it up, it's not a thing.

Comment

never said wasn't considered
        Originally posted by Fusion
        If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
        The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
        William Pitt-

Comment

Semantics, you were alluding to it being an unconsidered factor here, which it isn't nor has ever been.

Comment

Highly discounted in favor of having the ability to usher in new levels of control of the masses and profits for those at the top maybe, but not unconsidered....
            Originally posted by Fusion
            If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
            The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
            William Pitt-

Comment

oh yeah here we go lets get into the conspiracy theory shit

Comment

Geologists & astrophysicists consider 1,000,000 years soon.

They say Betelgeuse will nova in 1,000,000 years. In documentaries that is said as soon.

Classified as a red supergiant of spectral type M1-2, the star is one of the largest and most luminous stars visible to the naked eye. If Betelgeuse were at the center of the Solar System, its surface would extend past the asteroid belt, wholly engulfing the orbits of Mercury, Venus, Earth and Mars. Calculations of its mass range from slightly under ten to a little over twenty times that of the Sun. It is calculated to be 640 light-years away, yielding an absolute magnitude of about −6. Less than 10 million years old, Betelgeuse has evolved rapidly because of its high mass. Having been ejected from its birthplace in the Orion OB1 Association—which includes the stars in Orion's Belt—this runaway star has been observed moving through the interstellar medium at a speed of 30 km/s, creating a bow shock over 4 light-years wide. Currently in a late stage of stellar evolution, the supergiant is expected to explode as a supernova within the next million years.

Grain of salt needs to be taken with all of these conversations.

[IMG]https://cimg4.ibsrv.net/gimg/my350z.com-vbulletin/550x225/80-parkerbsig_5096690e71d912ec1addc4a84e99c374685fc03 8.jpg[/IMG

Comment

Originally posted by parkerbink View Post
                  Grain of salt needs to be taken with all of these conversations.
                  Did you click my links? This is about the solar cycle and does happen, not conspiracy theory. How it affects the climate, guess we will see within the next 11 years if/when this trend continues. Since we really don't know why, scientists are saying the next cycle will be worse than the current, but that's based on the recent trends. Who knows, sunspots may go back on a rise in the 25th cycle, could even stay similar to this one - right now the 2018 predicted avg of spots is 1.x-19.x per day, which is a pretty wide range and over the course of a year could be off exponentially.
                  john@m20guru.com
                  Links:
                  Transaction feedback: Here, here and here. Thanks :D

Comment

Originally posted by mrsleeve View Post
                    Highly discounted in favor of having the ability to usher in new levels of control of the masses and profits for those at the top maybe, but not unconsidered....
                    Please show me something reputable that suggests it's being discounted. I've already posted a sufficient number of items showing it's not the issue at hand. Just wishing it so because bad news outlets have told you so doesn't constitute fact.

Comment

Did you click my links? This is about the solar cycle and does happen, not conspiracy theory. How it affects the climate, guess we will see within the next 11 years if/when this trend continues. Since we really don't know why, scientists are saying the next cycle will be worse than the current, but that's based on the recent trends. Who knows, sunspots may go back on a rise in the 25th cycle, could even stay similar to this one - right now the 2018 predicted avg of spots is 1.x-19.x per day, which is a pretty wide range and over the course of a year could be off exponentially.

I did. What I find funny (not referring to you) is the way the climate change deniers say science can't say this or that but then use science that sides with their position.

We are at best uncertain on sun spot prediction whereas there is alot of solid science on climate change.

[IMG]https://cimg4.ibsrv.net/gimg/my350z.com-vbulletin/550x225/80-parkerbsig_5096690e71d912ec1addc4a84e99c374685fc03 8.jpg[/IMG

Comment

I did. What I find funny (not referring to you) is the way the climate change deniers say science can't say this or that but then use science that sides with their position.

We are at best uncertain on sun spot prediction whereas there is alot of solid science on climate change.
                        Aren't you siding with a position in your post as well? ;)

I am neutral in the GW debate, just fact checking. As you can see from those articles, scientists aren't just making a random guess on the sun's activity - I will reiterate my previous comment, they are basing it on a cyclical trend.

There's just too many variables in our chaotic universe to make accurate long term forecasts years into the future by using computer modeling (although short term modeling has been proven fairly accurate).
                        john@m20guru.com
                        Links:
                        Transaction feedback: Here, here and here. Thanks :D

Comment

Aren't you siding with a position in your post as well? ;)

I am neutral in the GW debate, just fact checking. As you can see from those articles, scientists aren't just making a random guess on the sun's activity - I will reiterate my previous comment, they are basing it on a cyclical trend.

There's just too many variables in our chaotic universe to make accurate long term forecasts years into the future by using computer modeling (although short term modeling has been proven fairly accurate).

I have not nor do I remember anyone here making long term climate change predictions. I am saying there is solid science to show the climate is changing and there is a causal link to the activity of mankind to this change.

Comment

Originally posted by cale View Post
                            Yes the sun is anything but stable, but this constant droning on about how science never considers the sun needs to crawl into a hole and die. Stop bringing it up, it's not a thing.
                            how about water vapor then

or that satellite measurements of temperature show no warming for 20 years

or the effect of cosmic rays on cloud formation
                            “There is nothing government can give you that it hasn’t taken from you in the first place”
                            Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

I have not nor do I remember anyone here making long term climate change predictions. I am saying there is solid science to show the climate is changing and there is a causal link to the activity of mankind to this change.
                              please oh please show us the causal link

not models

not predictions

a cause and effect scientific study proving man made co2 is the bogey man
                              “There is nothing government can give you that it hasn’t taken from you in the first place”
                              Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

Originally posted by gwb72tii View Post
                                or that satellite measurements of temperature show no warming for 20 years
                                I'll respond when you read my first dozen responses to this fallacy. Is it the dementia, or are you just willfully stupid?

Comment

Working...
                                X