Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by roguetoaster View Post
    Yep.

For natural disasters you mostly get in your car with a wallet and go.
    Hurricanes, sure. Wildfires, if you're in the right location.

Things like earthquakes and tornadoes, you can't really do that until after the fact.......assuming you survive, and assuming you can actually get out of the impacted area.
    Need parts now? Need them cheap? steve@blunttech.com
    Chief Sales Officer, Midwest Division—Blunt Tech Industries

www.gutenparts.com
    One stop shopping for NEW, USED and EURO PARTS!

Comment

Can handle myself with all my camping kit, enough ammo that means what's yours is mine.

Not srs....maybe a little bit.

Comment

i got this square zippered red bag full of first aid stuff, water and some nasty food bars...it fits on top of the battery shelf... i pulled out the stupid stuff and replaced it with a container of buds and a bottle of captain morgan and a $100... there must be some sort of emergency because the captain never makes it through the week... doh
        ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
        '90 325i sedan daily driven
        '85 325e coupe also a daily

Comment

I always have the important things close by: my Glock CCW, AR15, ammo in the carrying bags and under the truck seat, a stash of cash, and granola bars.

Anything else I need can be obtained using the first two things on the list.
          2007 Range Rover Sport S/C

Comment

I have a back pack full of mre's, water, a water purification straw, Mylar blankets, compact down blankets, extra ar mags and plenty of fire making supplies. Tied to it are jackets for my kids and the wife and I. The wife has a smaller bag with first aid supplies, a solar charger, more mags and a radio.

I also have a chest rig that carry 4 ar mags and 4 pistol mags, and a battle belt with 2 ar mags a glock 17 and a big ass becker knife.

In my cars I keep extra pistol mags a few mre's and blankets.

Yeah that a lot of mags but they are cheap and good insurance, who knows I might actually need them. My setup is mostly a hunker down in the house plan to keep us going for 72 hours, the guns and ammo is for if I need to get back home to my family or we need to get out of town. We don't really get natural disasters here, so no one prepares for it, after a few days without food and power people start to change and would start robbing people. My goal is to not be a victim

Comment

I don't have an end of the world bag, but I have a everyday emergency bag that I usually keep in the trunk of my car. I have a first aid kit, tylenol, Swiss Army Knife, $100, Sun Glasses, Shirt, Jeans, Underware, Socks, Shoes, Sweat Shirt, Hat, Towel, Soap, Q-Tips, Tooth Brush, Tooth Paste, Tissues, Wipes, Paracord, Feminine Products, Hair Bands, Hand Sanitizer, Condoms, Power Brick, Lighter, Pen, and a Flashlight. Again nothing serious, but it's saved my ass a time or two.
              My Garage
              2001 Z3 2.5i Steel Gray/Black (Lexi)
              1988 325ix Diamond Schwartz/Black (Izzy)
              1989 325i Cirrus Blue/Houndstooth (Stitch)
              Feedback

Instagram: Stone.Hopkins

Comment

Originally posted by Mediumrarechicken View Post
                I have a back pack full of mre's, water, a water purification straw, Mylar blankets, compact down blankets, extra ar mags and plenty of fire making supplies. Tied to it are jackets for my kids and the wife and I. The wife has a smaller bag with first aid supplies, a solar charger, more mags and a radio.

I also have a chest rig that carry 4 ar mags and 4 pistol mags, and a battle belt with 2 ar mags a glock 17 and a big ass becker knife.

In my cars I keep extra pistol mags a few mre's and blankets.

Yeah that a lot of mags but they are cheap and good insurance, who knows I might actually need them. My setup is mostly a hunker down in the house plan to keep us going for 72 hours, the guns and ammo is for if I need to get back home to my family or we need to get out of town. We don't really get natural disasters here, so no one prepares for it, after a few days without food and power people start to change and would start robbing people. My goal is to not be a victim

You'll definitely need all the guns and ammo to go down and get all the fresh water the Red Cross is giving out.

Again, all this prepper shit is macho man fantasy.

Just like the truck drivers and other blue collars workers that tout the 2nd amendment as a need against the gov't as though a bunch of untrained, middle aged white people stand a chance against the most powerful army in the world.

Just play G.I. Joes in the backyards.
                Need parts now? Need them cheap? steve@blunttech.com
                Chief Sales Officer, Midwest Division—Blunt Tech Industries

www.gutenparts.com
                One stop shopping for NEW, USED and EURO PARTS!

Comment

Originally posted by z31maniac View Post
                  You'll definitely need all the guns and ammo to go down and get all the fresh water the Red Cross is giving out.

Just like the truck drivers and other blue collars workers that tout the 2nd amendment as a need against the gov't as though a bunch of untrained, middle aged white people stand a chance against the most powerful army in the world.

Blah blah blah

Comment

Hahaha, what a character.

Please keep yourself confined to P&R, where the BS you spew is more applicable.

Thank you.
                    My previous build (currently E30-less)
                    http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=170390

A 2016 Toyota Tacoma TRD 4x4 Offroad in Inferno is my newest obsession

Comment

haha it was only a matter of time this would get political... its not like Im saying are you prepared against REX84 ... whoops Ive said too much

potstir
                      Simon
                      Current Cars:
                      -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Having just evacuated, here's what we had in our bag: Insurance papers, passports, utility bill, week's worth of medications, two lifestraws, $1,000 in cash, two bottles fix a flat, air compressor, jumper cables, water, canned food, lighter and matches, two handguns ( one for me and one for the wife if I had to leave the car to find gas), and that's about it. I can say in reality the odds of one being stranded (with thousands of others on the highway is the most likely scenario). should their be any event which required mass evacuation. You are far better off in most scenarios staying put. If for some reason I were forced into the wilderness water would be my primary concern. It determines your mobility and everything else follows after it.

Forgot knife and rope which are always in the car.
                        Last edited by naplesE30; 09-29-2017, 08:03 AM.

Comment

Water is also my biggest concern. Lifestraw is on its way. Its too easy & cheap to not have one. I have an ocean VERY close to me, but if I cant drink it, what good is it?
                          Simon
                          Current Cars:
                          -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

You seriously need to get some aggression out of your system . Go to the edge of a cliff, grab your balls in your hand, and scream at the top of your lungs Im a Man. Be proud of that!! Break some shit, and let it all out. It will feel good, and be good for you.

Comment

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post
                              Being here in CA let's say a big earthquake but this is one of many .

The zombies are already here man...

This is such a classic and sad photo of our society

Comment

I'd just get the fuck away from people. Find the most secluded spot with water, wood, etc.

But in all reality, if shit really hits the fan it's going to be an absolute free for all. I live in Missouri, where everyone has a gun and a desire to shoot...so probably won't last too long considering I only have a single shot air rifle.

Current Car: 2011 BMW 135i, M-Sport, 6 speed

Originally posted by lambo
                                Sounds like you need a massage.
                                Originally posted by kpeng
                                Who the hell is Vlad?

Comment

Working...
                                X