California wildfires

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bmwman91 View Post
    I think that Americans absolutely need to become more community-minded and understand that only we can help ourselves as the government and its institutions are increasingly unreliable.
    spoken like a true social anarchist :D

the donation logistics are pretty fluid, changing day to day. the national guard guys at the petaluma community center said they couldn't take any more donations while the gf and i were in the middle of offloading on tuesday afternoon.

i wanted to hit two evac sites in santa rosa but we were asked not to go any further north in the interest of keeping the 101 clear for first responders, so we dropped the rest at the salvation army on mcdowell. they were happy to receive, but maybe give them a call to make sure they're not also at capacity first.
    past:
    1989 325is (learner shitbox)
    1986 325e (turbo dorito)
    1991 318ic (5-lug ITB)
    1985 323i baur
    current:
    1995 M3 (suspension, 17x9/255-40, borla)

Comment

Thanks for the info. I may contact some of the veterinary facilities up there since there are so many burned pets in need of care and housing until their owners can be found. It's good to hear that donations seem to be somewhat over abundant for the people...better than coming up short.

I dislike labels, but if I must I'd say I'm more of a Classical Liberal. Anyone under any label who is willing to have a rational adult discussion is OK in my book though, even if I disagree with them on policy.
      Last edited by bmwman91; 10-15-2017, 08:16 PM.

Transaction Feedback: LINK

Comment

didn't mean to label you- it's just nice when you find common ground.

a friend from the north bay is involved with pet rescue- Marin Humane is the organization you want to talk to for that.
        past:
        1989 325is (learner shitbox)
        1986 325e (turbo dorito)
        1991 318ic (5-lug ITB)
        1985 323i baur
        current:
        1995 M3 (suspension, 17x9/255-40, borla)

Comment

There are a few shots that I've taken up here.
          This was the start of the Atlas Peak fire, as it came down the mountain toward my place. (The fire missed my place by 100 feet)

Firestorm Sunset

Saving the day from above...

The guy flying this was a serious badass. I shot this at 1/30 second, and he is hovering over a pond reloading. Note that its tack sharp and he isn't moving a hair.

I've got lots more pics, just need to process them.

Will
          '59 Alfa Romeo 101.02 Giulietta Sprint
          '69 Alfa Romeo 105.51 1750 GTV (R.I.P)
          '69 Datsun 2000 roadster Vintage race car
          '88 BMW M3

Comment

Will that 1st sky crane image is awesome, could I get a full size high res of that one.. always have had a soft spot for the sky crane
            Originally posted by Fusion
            If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
            The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
            William Pitt-

Comment

Awesome photos. Glad to hear that the fire (narrowly) missed your place!

Transaction Feedback: LINK

Comment

Will, once again those are some awesome pics. Wow.

Might be time to setup a website that people can purchase pics.
                Simon
                Current Cars:
                -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

subd
                  i love bmws

Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

Those pictures are stunning.

Maybe it would be a good idea to set up a place to purchase pictures, in an effort to raise funds for humanitarian and relief efforts.
                    Current Collection: 1990 325is // 1987 325i Vert // 2003 525i 5spd // 1985 380SL // 1992 Ranger 5spd // 2005 Avalanche // 2024 Honda Grom SP

Comment

Originally posted by BlackbirdM3 View Post
                      There are a few shots that I've taken up here
                      Tragic events but those are some great shots.

Comment

fuck those shots are great, wtb lens and body deets
                        1989 BMW 325is | 2019 Ford Ranger FX4
                        willschnitz

Comment

Whatever happened with all the big missing numbers? Did they find all of them?

Comment

Working...
                          X