X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh man I just ordered another gun :(
    lol
    sigpic
    "The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten."

Comment

Originally posted by deutschman View Post
      Oh man I just ordered another gun :(
      lol
      An X95? :D

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by levy3poop View Post
        an x95? :d

sent from my sm-n910v using tapatalk
        sigpic
        "The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten."

Comment

Training day.

Had to qualify with the duty gun, off duty 9mm, and Ol Trusty, the beat-to-shit Bushmaster rifle.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
          Last edited by Ryan...; 10-17-2017, 03:09 PM.
          2007 Range Rover Sport S/C

Comment

noice!
            1990 325is
            m52b28
            3.73lsd
            g260 (1987 325is 5spd tranny)

Comment

I'm new to this spy thing

Comment

haha that's pimp
                1990 325is
                m52b28
                3.73lsd

Comment

Good luck to you. Sister and bro in law are both LEO. Talk about a thankless job. Just know the silent majority are behind you!!
                  Originally posted by Ryan... View Post
                  Training day.

Had to qualify with the duty gun, off duty 9mm, and Ol Trusty, the beat-to-shit Bushmaster rifle.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by naplesE30 View Post
                    Good luck to you. Sister and bro in law are both LEO. Talk about a thankless job. Just know the silent majority are behind you!!
                    Thanks man :)

As I'm sure you're siblings have told you, as long as you don't go into it thinking people are going to love you and that the hours are going to be great, it can be an extremely rewarding job!

Comment

I envy their hours...... while they have some long days/shifts at times, they get overtime plus comp time. There has been months when they only work a few days... you can take a vacation without using vacation time. If you can stick it out for a decade it def gets better in regards to more normal shifts, holidays, etc. Def a career where you have to pay your dues.

Comment

Originally posted by naplesE30 View Post
                        I envy their hours...... while they have some long days/shifts at times, they get overtime plus comp time. There has been months when they only work a few days... you can take a vacation without using vacation time. If you can stick it out for a decade it def gets better in regards to more normal shifts, holidays, etc. Def a career where you have to pay your dues.
                        What the heck.... are they no longer on patrol? No doubt I love the overtime, but the forced overtime seems to come at the worst possible times lol

I've got 26.25 years left, so eventually I'm sure I'll get myself a more set schedule. I'm getting sent back to 3rd shift next February to cover for a guy getting deployed, definitely not looking forward to that :(

Comment

Nice riffle. I got one for my pet LOL.

Comment

Been wanting to pick up a bolt gun for a while now. Mainly for deer but also target and long range shooting when I get the chances.

Up until recently I was leaning towards a Rem 700 in .308, but a couple things have me rethinking that. I absolutely love my Ruger American .22. I've also noticed a huge raise in availability of 6.5 creedmore. Thinking there's probably a reason, I started reading.

Sounds like it offers similar ballistics to .308, and out to around 500 yards bullet drop is similar, but past that the 6.5 shines.

Anyone care to share opinions on this? At this point I'm now considering the Ruger American Predator in 6.5. Price is Right, and if my .22 is any indicator, I won't feel much of a need to modify anything. Plus the threaded barrel will be handy for slapping my can on.

Looking for opinions on both the rifle and cartridge. I won't find myself in a situation to stretch it's legs any time soon, but since the ammo is readily available I figure why not? I want to say there's more options for 6.5 than .308 at Walmart these days.
                            No E30 Club
                            Originally posted by MrBurgundy
                            Anyways, mustangs are gay and mini vans are faster than your car, you just have to deal with that.

Comment

6.5 has gained a lot of popularity amongst the long range crowd and hunters are starting to pick it up as well.

I would take a look at the Tikka rifles. They are some sweet shooting rifles as well. You can always get a barrel threaded and from what I've been told about Ruger, their threads are not always concentric. This coming from a guy that all he does is barrel threading basically.

So to answer your question, I'd probably do the same thing, Ruger Predator in 6.5cm. Though the Tikka rifles are nice.
                              1990 325is
                              m52b28
                              3.73lsd

Comment

Iirc I read most of the top long range shooters over the past few years have been switching to 6.5. The cost of ammo is substantialy less for 6.5 than 308. The knock is 6.5 barrels dont last as long. Been saving for the Tikka a1 in 6.5 for a while now. However, I keep spending my money I save on other guns in the meantime. Just ordered a 15" midwest mlok for my colt, and bought a wheelybird for clay shooting. Stupid hobby is stupid expensive.

Tex you beat me to it.

Comment

Working...
                                X