A loss for the community

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A loss for the community

Today I drove to Millersville MD to pick up some parts from Shane Snyder- I talked to him early in the week and said I would call when I got close. My call went right into voicemail. When I got to his shop (Stauffer's Auto Service) one of his coworkers Erik met me at the door and said "Shane is dead- he and his business partner died Wednesday morning when the business partner lost control of an 1990 325i and spun out and they were T-Boned by an SUV coming the other way. I was shocked. It's very sad but one thing you must remember is they died doing what they loved best enjoying a BMW. Surely there are BMW's in heaven. RIP Shane & Tony
    Regards
    Jef Rolison

Comment

Originally posted by jefrolison View Post
      Today I drove to Millersville MD to pick up some parts from Shane Snyder- I talked to him early in the week and said I would call when I got close. My call went right into voicemail. When I got to his shop (Stauffer's Auto Service) one of his coworkers Erik met me at the door and said "Shane is dead- he and his business partner died Wednesday morning when the business partner lost control of an 1990 325i and spun out and they were T-Boned by an SUV coming the other way. I was shocked. It's very sad but one thing you must remember is they died doing what they loved best enjoying a BMW. Surely there are BMW's in heaven. RIP Shane & Tony
      Regards
      Jef Rolison
      Nice to meet you today Jef - thanks for your patience.

Comment

May they rest in peace, and may their family and friends find the strength to carry on.

Comment

OMG, I'm rebuilding an engine I bought from him. The rebuild has a special meaning now. RIP Shane

Comment

Shane was a good guy, my best wishes for his family.

Comment

Terrible terrible news. Rest in Peace, Tony and Shane.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk
              clutchCTRL!
              Move with a purpose.
              - 1991 325iX 4dr/5spd
              - 1976 2002 SlickTop/2.7i M20/G260
              - 2000 323i AT
              2016 Mazda CX3 Sport AWD

Comment

Shane was one of the nicest people in the E30 community I have ever had the pleasure of meeting/ doing business with. I saw both of them (Tony and Shane) at the Summit Point rally cross last year in that silver E30. Hell of a nice group of guys and diehard BMW enthusiasts.

Comment

shane bailed me out big time on my ix. very sorry to hear this...he was a great guy to talk to and a small piece of his effort will carry on in my former car and many others.
                  1989 325is / 2.7, 274 cam, e30 M3 5-lug
                  1989 LN106 Hilux / 3.0TD SFA
                  1974 2002tii / stock
                  2002 IS300 / 5spd LSD

Comment

Wow I was looking for contact info for shane after not speaking to him for years. I then happened upon this while looking for old contacts. Hugely depressing, I bout one of my last e30's from him. A 325ix that he sold me, made me very sad to hear this.

Comment

Cant believe its been 4 years. Think of Shane often. Trust he is looking down on us. Hang tight brother, will see you soon to share stories.
                      sigpic
                      New website releasing soon www.gutenparts.com Guten Parts + Service | Facebook | Twitter

Levent
                      %20levent@gutenparts.com

Comment

Working...
                      X