No announcement yet.

Bluebird Bus Conversion Project & Cross Country Trip

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Patiently waiting in Pompano Beach for your Miami visit.
    john@m20guru.com
    Links:
    Transaction feedback: Here, here and here. Thanks :D

Comment

Originally posted by CorvallisBMW View Post
      sofa king awesome.
      Thanks Darin :D

Originally posted by RagtopE30 View Post
      Give me a shout when you come through the Asheville NC area. I will provide the beverages and you can park at my shop which is just on the border of Pisgah National Park with some great trails to explore on the bike. We also have a really good BMW community.
      Man that would be so nice to have a place to park, thanks so much for the offer! Definitely going to get in touch when we are heading that way

Originally posted by ForcedFirebird View Post
      Patiently waiting in Pompano Beach for your Miami visit.
      I am so bummed that we didn't get down there last weekend. It will be awesome to see you guys and go out on the town

Bahama Beige E23 Project
      Bluebird Bus Conversion
      New Oregon Trail

Comment

We finally made it! We stayed in the keys last night, and are now parked in Vedubin's lot right on Miami Beach! Loving the bus so far, and having the motorcycle along makes exploring so fun. Ill post photos if I can figure out how from my phone

Bahama Beige E23 Project
        Bluebird Bus Conversion
        New Oregon Trail

Comment

This is amazing. Do you bring the E30 with it?

Comment

No we are just hauling the motorcycle on the back

Bahama Beige E23 Project
            Bluebird Bus Conversion
            New Oregon Trail

Comment

How does the bus drive ?
              Lorin

Originally posted by slammin.e28
              The M30 is God's engine.

Comment

Bus drives really nicely, which is a relief. Easy to just hangout enjoy the scenery through the giant windshield. It will cruise at 70 pretty easily but the fuel economy just drops wayyy down. If I keep it between 50-55 it does surprisingly well

Bahama Beige E23 Project
                Bluebird Bus Conversion
                New Oregon Trail

Comment

Hey guys, had a great time hanging out with you two tonight. Wish you had more time to stick around and really get to see Miami. Maybe another time. Also wish some of the other guys were able to make it as well. We have some really good guys in the E30 group here in Miami. It would have been cool for you guys to meet them as well!

Both take care on your journey home, and please keep posting pics of the travel. Supper jealous of your adventure!

Build your own dreams, or someone else will hire you to build theirs!

Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

Originally posted by Vedubin01 View Post
                    Hey guys, had a great time hanging out with you two tonight. Wish you had more time to stick around and really get to see Miami. Maybe another time. Also wish some of the other guys were able to make it as well. We have some really good guys in the E30 group here in Miami. It would have been cool for you guys to meet them as well!

Both take care on your journey home, and please keep posting pics of the travel. Supper jealous of your adventure!
                    Hey man thank you so much for spending time with us this evening showing us around town, it was so much fun. Seeing the beach was a must and getting beers at the Abbey was great. Having a legal place to park is so nice. It was fun to meet in person, if you are ever in Oregon let me know :)

Bahama Beige E23 Project
                    Bluebird Bus Conversion
                    New Oregon Trail

Comment

BTW the wireless totally works out here :D

Bahama Beige E23 Project
                      Bluebird Bus Conversion
                      New Oregon Trail

Comment

When you get to NOLA freshest biggest boiled shrimp and great seafood gumbo at Franky & Johnny's at Tchop and Arabella Streets. Of course they leave the heads on.....

Comment

Well we finally made it out of Florida, our first stop is in New Orleans. We are spending some time here visiting my cousin and her husband, both wonderful people who generously opened their home to us, and have been treating us to excellent food and drink. We are sadly leaving here tomorrow to continue our march north. Trying to decide if we will stop in Chattanooga or Atlanta tomorrow night.... here are some of the photos from the last few days.

Stopped along the beach on Marathon Key

View from the Shipwreck Tower in Key West

My cousins awesome house, in the heart of New Orleans

Perfect parking spot for the bus

Of course we had to get coffee and beignets for breakfast at Cafe du Monde

Some of the great buildings in the French Quarter

Enjoying beers at one of the many bars on Bourbon Street

More to come as I get them off my camera and phone

Bahama Beige E23 Project
                          Bluebird Bus Conversion
                          New Oregon Trail

Comment

Are you still in NOLA?
                            Yours truly,
                            Rich
                            sigpic
                            Originally posted by Rigmaster
                            you kids get off my lawn.....

Comment

Cruising through the Keys

Here is the first breakfast we made in the bus! We were parked in south beach at vedubin's place.

Reorganizing our beer stash before leaving Miami

Lindsey in the back making lunch while we rolled down the road

After staying in Miami for a night we headed west down Alligator Alley to St. Petersburg to visit a friend of ours going to school there. It was a great last stop in FL, the water and beach were perfect and the margaritas strong.

Heading over the Sunshine Skyway into St. Petersburg

Parked at Caddy's on St. Pete Beach giving a bus tour and enjoying time with friends

After the stop at the beach we headed north toward New Orleans.

Stoppe for fuel in the panhandle

Getting closer to Louisiana....

Enjoying the open container freedom

Bahama Beige E23 Project
                              Bluebird Bus Conversion
                              New Oregon Trail

Comment

Originally posted by delatlanta1281 View Post
                                Are you still in NOLA?
                                Yes we are leaving tomorrow morning

We would like to stop in Atlanta for a night, but we aren't sure where to park. Any ideas?

Bahama Beige E23 Project
                                Bluebird Bus Conversion
                                New Oregon Trail

Comment

Working...
                                X