Pvgp 2014

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pvgp 2014

Just got back from PVGP (Pittsburgh Vintage Grand Prix). The E-30 was the featured marque of the local BMW CCA chapter Allegheny. Thursday night was an informal dinner at the Hofbrauhaus a Bavarian Beer hall with German Food and of course 1 Liter Biers. Friday was a driving tour through Southwestern Pennsylvania with lunch at the Ligonier Tavern. Sewickely BMW hosted us that night for a buffet dinner where the showroom was rolled back to 1988. At least 15 E-30's were displayed in the showroom and in front of the showroom. Saturday in Schenley Park began wet but about 11am they allowed us to drive our cars in on the golf course. Over 45 E-30's were brought in and a Bavarian Lunch was served. Door prizes were handed out for Coolest E-30 (Nick from Ontario with his Sterling M3 won), best E-30, highest mileage E-30, farthest driven E-30 (M3 from Texas), highest mileage (over 300,000), longest owned. and most E-30's owned by one person (9 by me):D! I didn't attend todays festivities- they were expecting an hour or two delay to letting them drive on the golf course (rain overnight). The BMW corral was adjacent to the race track with 2002's screaming around the track. Griots Garage had a booth were they sold car care products and BMW CCA had a booth were they sold articles and goodies while signing up new members. The Mini was the featured marque of the PVGP this year and for the first time they didn't park with the BMW's on German Hill but BMW's of every flavor filled the corral.

We were all ready to go but the weather just looked terrible. Did it rain both days?

Comment

Glad you had a good time! I was at the first weekend at Pitt Race but our customers opted for Road America over Schenley.
      Interested in vintage cars? Ever thought about racing one? Info, photos, videos, and more can be found at www.michaelsvintageracing.com!

Elva Courier build thread here!

Comment

I was there! Great turnout on both days, and the rain wasn't bad at all.

My favorites were a black euro bumpered coupe and a laguna green swapped car. Lots of verts showed too (including my own, which was probably the dirtiest one there)

Comment

This was my first year attending PVGP, and it was a great time! Saturday was a little soggy at first but not that bad, and Sunday's weather was perfect. Some pictures and video's (including plenty of E30's) are at https://flic.kr/s/aHsjZRxJeg

The BMWCCA Allegheny Chapter really put on a first class event on "German Hill", and the number of interesting cars and people in attendance was impressive to say the least.

-Graham
          sigpic
          1988 325ic
          1988 325is (track car)
          1985 528i euro

Comment

Pvgp 2014

Hope to see you and the missus every year!
            Regards
            Jef Rolison

Originally posted by gbouton View Post
            This was my first year attending PVGP, and it was a great time! Saturday was a little soggy at first but not that bad, and Sunday's weather was perfect. Some pictures and video's (including plenty of E30's) are at https://flic.kr/s/aHsjZRxJeg

The BMWCCA Allegheny Chapter really put on a first class event on "German Hill", and the number of interesting cars and people in attendance was impressive to say the least.

-Graham

Comment

Originally posted by gbouton View Post

-Graham
              that 2002 number 46 is a very good friend of mine and also the nephew of mark donohue

Comment

I didn't see a number 46 but I'll have to keep an eye out for it! I'm a huge Mark Donohue fan!
                Interested in vintage cars? Ever thought about racing one? Info, photos, videos, and more can be found at www.michaelsvintageracing.com!

Elva Courier build thread here!

Comment

It's in those pictures he has

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                  X