So who else had quit smoking..*2 YRS LATER*

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mitch500 View Post
    I quit december 30th 2014 so its been about 9 days now.... I havent had a drink because i know i will want to smoke. I've been having dreams of smoking the past few nights. I'm sad to quit but happy i'm on the road to recovery. Been smoking since i was 14 and i'm now 28 at almost a pack a day i thought its about time before some real damage is done. I like sports and exercising, i could feel the smoking holding me back lung capacity wise.

edit:

was just doing some math here... and id say averaging 4 packs a week at $12.50 is $200 a month, thats $2400 a year.... I should go buy another e30 :)

good job Mitch!
    $12 was about the cost of a pack of Belmonts cost when I quit 2 years ago.

I was about 3 packs a week.

I eventually rewarded myself after the 1 year mark and got myself a treat for quitting after a year (obvy e30 related) but 9 days is GREAT! you're getting over the hump...

keep it up! chew on straws...sounds silly but it really helped me with the physical addictions
    Originally posted by flyboyx
    i have watched my dog lick himself off a few times

Comment

So who else had quit smoking..*2 YRS LATER*

Just an update. I'm a little over a month smoke free cold turkey, I quit dec.27/2014. The first 2-3 weeks was really hard but I stuck to it. I have to say I have a noticeable stamina/lung capacity improvement. No more headaches in the morning and anxiety has dropped way low. I feel good! I've been out plenty drinking beers with pals and have curved cravings to about zero... All I think about is how awful it made me feel.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      1988 e30 alpine white vert 5speed
      1987 e30 325 eta
      1983 e28 533
      2001 x5 4.4l
      1997 e36 M3 Alpine white 5speed
      1991 Jeep XJ I6 4.0

Comment

Just an update. I'm a little over a month smoke free cold turkey, I quit dec.27/2014. The first 2-3 weeks was really hard but I stuck to it. I have to say I have a noticeable stamina/lung capacity improvement. No more headaches in the morning and anxiety has dropped way low. I feel good! I've been out plenty drinking beers with pals and have curved cravings to about zero... All I think about is how awful it made me feel.

wicked man so awesome to read:D

believe it or not it still gets LEAGUES better!

keep it up brother you're passed the toughest part:ST1G:
        Originally posted by flyboyx
        i have watched my dog lick himself off a few times

Comment

30 years I still want one !!! I can puff on a smoke but won't inhale it. When I ran my 1st marathon many years ago I had dreams right before the race that I quit the marathon and went back to my apt to have a smoke. F dat.. It stinks too!!

dlm ny country

Comment

We quit the same day. I was gonna quit as a new years resolution, but got the flu on the 27th, so I was like, I'll just do this now. Oddly enough, it wasn't all that hard. I wasn't really thinking about the ciggs. Just the puking and the ass-pee.
            Originally posted by Andy.B
            Whenever I am about to make a particularly questionable decision regarding a worryingly cheap diy solution, I just ask myself, "What would Ether-D do?"
            1987 325iS m30b34 Muscle car (Engine electrical phase)
            ~~~~~~~~~~
            I was born on 3/25…
            ~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

i have tried to quit atlleast 17 times.. I make it a week then cave in. It doesnt help that i drive all day for work and everyone i work with smokes.
              "It's a M sport, it has M logos on it."
              -Miata Driving Douche-

Comment

Originally posted by Ether-D View Post
                We quit the same day. I was gonna quit as a new years resolution, but got the flu on the 27th, so I was like, I'll just do this now. Oddly enough, it wasn't all that hard. I wasn't really thinking about the ciggs. Just the puking and the ass-pee.

Haha that's pretty hilarious to read as I got the flu and was barfing and ass peeing for a week as well. I guess that's made the first week easier for me as well!

1987 e30 325 eta
                1983 e28 533
                2001 x5 4.4l
                1991 Jeep XJ I6 4.0

Comment

Originally posted by Sideways87 View Post
                  i have tried to quit atlleast 17 times.. I make it a week then cave in. It doesnt help that i drive all day for work and everyone i work with smokes.

Hard for me to man. I have my own business and drive a lot for estimates as well as work alone so I get bored a lot. I guess you have to have the right mind set. Not saying I've succeeded yet as I've only gone a month, but you can do it as well.

1987 e30 325 eta
                  1983 e28 533
                  2001 x5 4.4l
                  1991 Jeep XJ I6 4.0

Comment

Hard for me to man. I have my own business and drive a lot for estimates as well as work alone so I get bored a lot. I guess you have to have the right mind set. Not saying I've succeeded yet as I've only gone a month, but you can do it as well.

The mindset is 80% of it. Im all about it for a week, then something gets me fired up and its like "fuck it im going to get a pack!!"
                    -Miata Driving Douche-

Comment

Zach, how many ciggs per day are you smoking? You could just cut back for a bit first.
                      Whenever I am about to make a particularly questionable decision regarding a worryingly cheap diy solution, I just ask myself, "What would Ether-D do?"
                      ~~~~~~~~~~
                      I was born on 3/25…
                      ~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

Originally posted by Ether-D View Post
                        Zach, how many ciggs per day are you smoking? You could just cut back for a bit first.
                        I was smoking two packs a day, but in the last couple weeks I have reduced that to a pack to a pack and a half. I have started going to the gym again so thats getting me alittle more motivated to quit.
                        -Miata Driving Douche-

Comment

Good bro! When it hits you that it's time to quit, just listen to it. Get down to under a pack day and then try. Just don't let your temper keep you smoking. You can doit!!!!
                          ~~~~~~~~~~
                          I was born on 3/25…
                          ~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

I quit 35 years ago when I started dating my wife. From 6 packs a day to 0. Cure was great. When I wanted a smoke I got laid. Only downside was 40 weeks later we had a kid, now 35.
                            "I'd rather die happy than not die at all" Robbie Robertson, W.S. Walcott's Medicine Show.
                            1989 325is
                            1995 525i

Comment

another year smoke free! can't imagine smoking again, don't miss it at all. My last post was here 1 year ago.

Hopefully all the people that quit in here can help encourage others to make the same change.

Comment

I starting just using the vaporizer a little over 2 months ago or so. Been great thus far. I'm down to the 16mg's of nicotine. Hoping to be done with this by the end of 2015. I'm not good cold turkey.
                                Need a part? PM me.

Get your Bass on. Luke's r3v Boxes are here: http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=198123

Comment

Working...
                                X