Emergency. Stuck in Williamsport, Pa.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Long story short, i have bad injector causing my car to buck and backfire. i have a straight pipe so every time it happens it literally sounds like a gunshot. my engine is running super rich.

Anyway I need a set of known good injectors ASAP. I know its a Sunday but i need to get home to NJ for work in the AM.

Im going now to check the local parts stores for injectors.

Also Looking for a FPR if anyone has a good one or new.

Bump? I'm desperate

Comment

I have a set of green top m50 17# injectors from a 79k mile motor. They will work on an m20. I have no way to very the condition 100%.

I'm at 17543 which is a good 2.5 hours from you, so that probably won't work for you, but they are yours if you want to come get them and I might be kind of on your way home.

I PM'd you contact info.
      Last edited by Spitfi-r; 06-07-2015, 01:49 PM.
      1991 318is sold!
      1989 325=track car--S52'd
      Durango R/T for towing.
      >>>Build thread<<<
      M235i daily driver

Comment

Removing the spark plug wire from that cylinder would stop it from firing and prevent you from blowing the muffler apart. This sounds more like a coolant temperture sensor to me. Why don't you tell us what make year and model this is? One hour away.... I was there yesterday :-(

Comment

Originally posted by jefrolison View Post
          Removing the spark plug wire from that cylinder would stop it from firing and prevent you from blowing the muffler apart.

don't run the car this way because you will be dumping fuel into the exhaust, and will probably collect in the cat until it catches on fire
          FS NY: two Audiobahn A235HC amps and audiobahn 1farad capacitor
          Saab/GM tech2 programming
          My for sale thread
          1990 325iX for sale or part out
          Did you buy something from me? Please leave feedback!

Originally posted by K20RI_211
          And I have to ask if you make a hobby out of thread-bombing with retarded questions?

Comment

unhook the offending injector and plug wire..... Will run like shit this way but you will not be dumping fuel into a hot exhaust......... It will be way down on power and what not, but it should get you home if take it easy on it
            Originally posted by Fusion
            If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
            The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
            William Pitt-

Comment

for starters i made it home. it decided to behave once i was on my way back.
              I thought about pulling the conflicting injector's plug but it wasn't running that bad.

As for my exhaust, its 2.5in straight pipe to 3in muffler. i have no cat to worry about clogging and there is too much flow for the exhaust to blow.

Thanks for your help everyone i just ordered a set of new bosche injectors and fpr. Wish me Luck.

Comment

one other thing for you to check: the hoses for the throttle body often leak. the water that drips from them lands right on the the plug for the fuel injectors and causes corrosion. it is possible that this could be your fuel injection problem.
                sigpic
                Gigitty Gigitty!!!!

88 cabrio becoming alpina b6 3.5s transplanted s62
                92 Mtech 2 cabrio alpinweiss 770 code
                88 325ix coupe manual lachsilber/cardinal
                88 325ix coupe manual diamondschwartz/natur
                87 e30 m3 for parts lachsilber/cardinal(serial number 7)
                12 135i M sport cabrio grey/black

Comment

Working...
                X