Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ASK ALL WHEEL/TIRE FITMENT QUESTIONS HERE - The Official Wheel/Tire Fitment Thread

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

there should just be a sticky on what setup works assuming rolled fenders. and non of this trendy hella flush stretch bullshit

Comment

Originally posted by CharMick View Post
      I have a shot at some cheap Style 18s on CL. $200 asking.

17x7 front and 17x7.5 rear, all are ET41.

If I get them I'll probably get 4-5 lug 18mm adapters. I tried looking for pix of these wheels mounted on an E30 but I'm not finding any. Is there a reason these wheels wouldn't work on an E30 with spacers?

Car is a stock height 92 cabrio that has an M30 swap.

Thanks!
      Well, I ended up getting the wheels for $150. They were not staggered but square 17x7.5 et41.

Next purchase is 42Design 18mm spacers giving me an et23 offset. I think I've seen that the max tire size I can fit on a non-tweaked cabrio fender is 225/45/17. Can anyone confirm? Two of the wheels already have decent BFG tires in this size.

Thanks!

Comment

Considering the following combinations for daily summer driving....stock suspension. Do not want to use spacers or roll fenders. Will these combinations be a direct fit bolt-on?

ESM 002 15x8 ET15 w/ Khumo Escta AST 225-50-15
        ESM 002 16x8 ET20 w/ Riken ZR 205-50-16

Thanks!
        JB
        Massachusetts
        '85 323i Baur

Comment

Coupe 87
          Fenders are rolled
          I want to fit 225/45/16 all round.
          Rims-
          Rear 16x8 et5
          Front 16x8 et11

IE sIII springs with pads (3mm up and down)
          Koni sport shocks

E90 drop hats will fit or will aggressive rub?

This setup can work? ����
          Last edited by FaragMan; 02-01-2018, 06:51 PM.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by almostacrayon View Post
            I just saw the work equip 40s.

Would anyone be able to help with choosing the appropriate offset in 15x8/15x9 size?
            Link to the spec sheet --> http://www.work-wheels.com.au/files/pdf/equip-40.pdf

Also would you think I would be able to run a bbk if I went the standard or big brake barrel choice?
            Bump.
            Anyone have any insight into what offset I should be buying?
            sigpic

Comment

Need help determining offset along with tire size

Hey everyone,

I want to install the standard kamotors fender flares on my car and run as much rubber as I can since I am finishing up a turbo 24v swap currently. I want to run a minimum 9" wide tire, wider if possible. I would like to stick to a 17" rim, and my car is an early model so from my understanding the fenders already aid in fitting some larger tires as is.
              That being said, what offset should I be looking for? also, how wide can I go with the wheel?

Thanks in advance guys. I am really trying ti minimize buying parts I can't use at this point as I have been doing a lot of that learning along the way...

Comment

Anyone run a 225/50/16?

I'm going to attempt to run them on a 16x8 et20 on a car with h/r race w/ billies
                Current Collection: 1990 325is // 1987 325i Vert // 2003 525i 5spd // 1985 380SL // 1992 Ranger 5spd // 2005 Avalanche // 2024 Honda Grom SP

Comment

Originally posted by MrBurgundy View Post
                  Anyone run a 225/50/16?

I'm going to attempt to run them on a 16x8 et20 on a car with h/r race w/ billies
                  Too tall. You need 225/45/16
                  Euro Delivery Thread///E30 Project Klaus///COTM August 2021

Comment

Originally posted by LowR3V'in View Post
                    there should just be a sticky on what setup works assuming rolled fenders. and non of this trendy hella flush stretch bullshit
                    Agreed, a google spreadsheet would be nice to list out all the combinations that work for rolled fenders (and not).

I've started my own just to find a setup that will work on 16x7.

Comment

1987 325is; 17" Style 32 Fitment questions

I have searched the thread and failed to find an answer. 1987 325is, H&R Sport Springs with Bilsteins. Would like to run e39 Style 32's, 17x8 and 17x9; ET20 & ET26 and 215/40's. I plan to use adapters, which range from 18mm and up. Is this possible without too much heartburn?

Or, is it more sane to consider Style 32's from a 2003 330i (just not quite as good looking.) The back wheels are 17x8 with an ET47. I would plan to use this wheel at all four corners of the e30. What adapter size (F&R) and tire size (F&R) would you recommend if I wanted to avoid any modifications (rolling, trimming, camber, etc.) Looking for them to be a little tucked, certainly not flush.

Thanks for the help.

Comment

any thoughts on Rota grid's in 17x9 et20 running 245/40-17's? I was thinking potentially 5-10mm spacers as well to get to the et i was hoping for. Will b running fender flares. I am more curious about rubbing on the inside or strut clearance.

Thanks

Comment

Mods to run 275 17x10 at all 4’s

So as the title says wanted to know what all has to be done outside of flares to clear a 17x10 wheel with a 275 wide tire. Also if you have pics of fitment that would be great

Comment

Car: 1990 325i Coupe
                            Suspension: FA 500 coilovers
                            Wheel: TRM C1 15x8 et20 all corners
                            Tire: 205/50/r15

Can someone confirm this will work without any rubbing? Do I need spacers??
                            1990 325i Coupe
                            ///PNW e30 CREW

Comment

From what I can gather, I doubt that will rub.

Comment

Just out of curiosity.
                                Vogtland springs
                                17x8/9 et 32?
                                Can I space this out? Is it going to look silly either way?
                                20% Accurate

Morty: Well Summer maybe people that create things aren’t concerned with your delicate sensibilities you know? Maybe the species that communicate with each other through a filter of your comfort are less evolved that the ones that just communicate? Maybe your problems are your own to deal with and maybe the public giving a shit about your feelings is a one way ticket to extinction.

Comment

Working...
                                X