Maxilite "alpine" Wheels

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Maxilite "alpine" Wheels

Does anybody have any knowledge or experience with MAXILITE wheels. They are a Swedish company and their wheels are supposedly TUV app;roved. They make an Alpina replica (16x7 4x100 ET28) for fitment on BMW 2002, E21 and E30 vehicles.

Quite a few vintage Porsche owners have used the Maxilite Fuchs replica wheel with good results.

Thanks in advance for any input.

Jonathan
    JB
    Massachusetts
    '85 323i Baur

I also came across these whilst google searching. I'm also very interested.

Comment

Feedback from E30Zone

I had cross posted my inquiry about the Maxilite Alpina's to the E30Zone forum (mostly european owners). The only response i got was

"A friend of mine has these wheels in Germany, and has cracked 2 already, I'd say steer clear"
      JB
      Massachusetts
      '85 323i Baur

Comment

Originally posted by jb02 View Post
        I had cross posted my inquiry about the Maxilite Alpina's to the E30Zone forum (mostly european owners). The only response i got was

"A friend of mine has these wheels in Germany, and has cracked 2 already, I'd say steer clear"
        Good stuff, thanks!

Comment

I'm not sure one random 3rd hand comment on the internet would be enough to deter me of buying something.

Comment

Originally posted by e30davie View Post
            I'm not sure one random 3rd hand comment on the internet would be enough to deter me of buying something.
            The problem is there is little to nothing on these wheels out there, positive or negative.

Comment

I came across the Maxilite BBS reps and also wondering if anyone has experience with them.

From the photo below it looks like the quality may not be very good (quite a bit of texture in the surface). Another red flag is that one seller (MrFiat.com) claims they are made in Germany (they also wouldn't say who the manufacturer is when I emailed them), but I read Maxilite wheels are made in China.

Available here: https://ebay.us/a86mX3

And here: http://mrfiat.com/bmw-3-series-e21-e...heel-7x15.html

Last edited by Andrew325is; 01-06-2019, 11:37 AM.
              Plug and Play Wiring Harness Adapters for S54, S50, M54 and more.

Comment

Working...
              X