Gun Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by naplesE30 View Post
    Well I guess this is why I couldn't get the Romeo5 sighted in. I was prob off by a few feet!! Lol. Guess this one is going back to optics planet.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk
    Some are angled like that, but that one doesn't look right. Check some pictures to double check

Comment

Picked up a Glock 19 Gen 5 for my first piece a week ago... I bought it as a good starting platform to learn and train with. However, it really sparked my need to delve deep into another expensive hobby...

DSC_6954 by Phillip Keefe, on Flickr

Originally posted by SpasticDwarf;n6449866
      Honestly I built it just to have a place to sit and listen to Hotline Bling on repeat.

Comment

Anyone know anything about the bushmaster ar-15’s? Found one but not sure if they are any good. I’ve personally never owned a bushmaster firearm

1989 325is l 1984 euro 320i l 1970 2002 Racecar
        1991 318i 4dr slick top

Euro spec 320i/Alpina B6 3.5 project(the never ending saga)
        Vintage race car revival (2002 content)
        Mtech 2 turbo restoration
        Brilliantrot slick top "build"

Comment

Originally posted by ThatOneEuroE30 View Post
          Anyone know anything about the bushmaster ar-15’s? Found one but not sure if they are any good. I’ve personally never owned a bushmaster firearm
          They are ok, you can get a colt 6920 for a good price nowadays, or piece together a really good gun for around the same price. Presidents day is coming up and there will be sales. If you build your own I suggest picking up a larue trigger, they are on sale for 99 bucks, for the price it can't be beat. It comes with 2 different springs, the heavy is a good clean "duty" weight and the other is more of a bolt action feel. I can help you if you want to piece it together, it really is stupid easy

Comment

Originally posted by Mediumrarechicken View Post
            They are ok, you can get a colt 6920 for a good price nowadays, or piece together a really good gun for around the same price. Presidents day is coming up and there will be sales. If you build your own I suggest picking up a larue trigger, they are on sale for 99 bucks, for the price it can't be beat. It comes with 2 different springs, the heavy is a good clean "duty" weight and the other is more of a bolt action feel. I can help you if you want to piece it together, it really is stupid easy

I was looking at some of the kits from palmetto state armory. I think I may just go with the S&W mp15 i found on gunbroker. I’ve owned a few S&W weapons and they have never disappointed.

1991 318i 4dr slick top

Comment

I was looking at some of the kits from palmetto state armory. I think I may just go with the S&W mp15 i found on gunbroker. I’ve owned a few S&W weapons and they have never disappointed.
              Both of those are average, I wouldn't expect great things from them, all they do their job , sure

Comment

Both of those are average, I wouldn't expect great things from them, all they do their job , sure
                Average is fine for me. I'm not wanting to spend 2k. I just want something I can go screw around with at the range with and be accurate with. I don't pump tons of rounds through them either I usually limit my self to around 100 rounds per gun and Bring a selection to shoot from. I'm trying to stay under a grand and preferably under 800. I saw the S&W for 670 seems to have good reviews too.

1991 318i 4dr slick top

Comment

Average is fine for me. I'm not wanting to spend 2k. I just want something I can go screw around with at the range with and be accurate with. I don't pump tons of rounds through them either I usually limit my self to around 100 rounds per gun and Bring a selection to shoot from. I'm trying to stay under a grand and preferably under 800. I saw the S&W for 670 seems to have good reviews too.
                  800 is easy. I'm bored at work and can give you a build list with links if you want. Do you want a red dot, 1-6x scope or something with more magnification?

Comment

You may want to check out the Ruger as well. It is really good value for money. However, for a few bucks more in the long run I personally would get the Colt. If you stick with any major brand though you will be ok.

If I buy another I will build it, so I can put the rails and sights I want from the start. You end up paying for a lot of things you will likely swap out in the future buy going off the shelf.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Comment

800 is easy. I'm bored at work and can give you a build list with links if you want. Do you want a red dot, 1-6x scope or something with more magnification?

Red dot

1991 318i 4dr slick top

Comment

Red dot
                        Ok cool, there are some pretty good red dots from vortex and holosun in the $200 range

Comment

Yes I will 2ed the vortex idea, I have been very impressed with their top tier optics, performance especially given the price point. I have one of these on my FN SLP 12ga. (vortex razor Red dot) that I bought before the cheaper versions in this style were around and it severs very well in its role for a Home defense shotty.

Originally posted by Fusion
                          If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
                          The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
                          William Pitt-

Comment

Gun Thread

So I did a thing. Went up to another gun shop and they had this on the shelf for 600 bucks. So i grabbed it. Has a Red dot, grip, bi pod and 2 magazines. Its in good shape too. The red dot isnt “best” but I’m willing to try it out for now. Its a BSA red dot.

1991 318i 4dr slick top

Comment

Standard length short guard AR with a red dot... and a bipod

Is that a trade-in/used gun? Seems like a decent deal I'm not ragging on you, it's just funny for an AR in that configuration to come with a bipod.

IG @turbovarg
                              '91 318is, M20 turbo
                              [CoTM: 4-18]
                              '94 525iT slicktop, M50B30 + S362SX-E, 600WHP DD or bust
                              - updated 3-17

Comment

Originally posted by varg View Post
                                Standard length short guard AR with a red dot... and a bipod

Is that a trade-in/used gun? Seems like a decent deal I'm not ragging on you, it's just funny for an AR in that configuration to come with a bipod.

Yea it was a trade in. I’m like 99% sure the previous owner used it for hunting of some sort. Due to the fact that it came with a 5 round magazine which is what is required here in nebraska for hunting. Not allowed to exceed 5 round capacity magazine and +1 in the chamber. Not sure what they were hunting though. 5.56 wouldn’t be the greatest for deer. I kind of chuckled at it too. The first thing i did when i got it is pulled the bi pod and moved the grip forward. Will use the bi pod for my actual hunting rifle been wanting one but never bought one.

1991 318i 4dr slick top

Comment

Working...
                                X