Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone have any experience with the car?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone have any experience with the car?

Sort of a stretch. Just curious if it's, A. anyone's car here or, B. anyone knew the previous owners/shop that did the work. Thanks!

http://seattle.craigslist.org/see/cto/4868311772.html
    Need a part? PM me.

Get your Bass on. Luke's r3v Boxes are here: http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=198123

Do it.
    m106 1990 e30
    e36 daily
    e32 cruiser

Comment

I test drove it, don't do it.

Comment

Bryce richert used to own it, built it and raced it. You can find the build thread on bimmerforums...

Grinds into 3rd badly, sloppy shifting and a 75k mile clutch...engine felt tired, no way it still makes 280 after it's last 70k being supercharged..

None the less, it's clean but not worth that. Probably needs a new tranny and newer m52 to make good power again. I looked throuh all the receipts as well, a few check engine codes cleared for the pcv system that were never fixed, just cleared. Made me believe it's directly pointing towards piston rings?

Comment

If a car like this is on Craigslist and not here or Bummerfourms, there's something clearly sketchy about it...
          -1976 2002 daily (Sold)
          -1986 528e 5 speed daily

Comment

I went with e30josh and I will say it looks and sounds nice upon first inspection. It's slower than a vtec Honda civic been for sale all summer started at 10500 now it's at 7500. Dude is nice but definitely trying to pawn off !
            sigpic

Comment

The guys name is Ryan that owns it. He's a buddy of mine here in bham. He's got an e30 drift car too. The car looks clean, but I haven't ridden in it, so I couldn't tell you how it drives. I can tell you that Ryan is a nice dude

90 M3 brilliantrot/schwarz
              90 M5 brilliantrot/schwarz
              87 325 alpinweiss/houndstooth (building)
              90 735i/5 islandgrün-metallic/schwarz (daily)
              87 Foxbody Notch 5.0 5spd SSP (other daily)
              71 F-250 4x4 390 4spd

Comment

Ryan is a nice guy, I spent 4 hours diagnosing and fixing his m30 car in order to get a cheaper price on the e46... He left a lot of details out about the e46 and pretended he didnt know it was a track car... Which is fine, but then tried to tell me He'd never heard a grind while shifting. That shit annoys me. I wasted over 10 hours driving to and from this car...and to top it off, Im letting him borrow my m30 parts so my e34 is out of commish now.

Lesson learned, I'll stick with e30s

Comment

Sounds like a bum deal.
                  Need a part? PM me.

Get your Bass on. Luke's r3v Boxes are here: http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=198123

Comment

Hopefully getting a new cap, rotor, and plug wires once he sells the e46... No offense to him at all...just a bunk car that I'd advise against

Comment

Originally posted by bruner View Post
                      The guys name is Ryan that owns it. He's a buddy of mine here in bham. He's got an e30 drift car too. The car looks clean, but I haven't ridden in it, so I couldn't tell you how it drives. I can tell you that Ryan is a nice dude

Did you tell Ryan I was bashing on his car on his forum? He threatened to remove me from the pnw bmw section for stating the fact he is lying and wasting people's time with his car. he mentioned I was bashing on his car in other places besides Facebook.

This forum is here to educate other enthusiasts, I know Chris is a good guy and I wanted to inform him of the problems ryan isn't mentioningans apparently won't mention until you arrive at the car. Hopefully I saved Chris the time that I wasted dealing with Ryan and his "perfect" e46.

With what Ryan messaged me last night, I ended up giving him my m30 parts and calling it square. As long as he lowered his price the 500 he owes me AND state the actual problems with the car; I agreed to keep my mouth shut. he didn't think that was fair, and I don't think I reqlly care anymore about him or his fucked up car. Just looking out for fellow bmw fans and trying to provide an honest opinion.

so, since I didn't get my way I'll let you guys laugh at the post I made on fb and the message I got from him regarding the heck engine light, tranny, and clutch issues.

Comment

Originally posted by e30josh View Post
                        Did you tell Ryan I was bashing on his car on his forum? He threatened to remove me from the pnw bmw section for stating the fact he is lying and wasting people's time with his car. he mentioned I was bashing on his car in other places besides Facebook.

This forum is here to educate other enthusiasts, I know Chris is a good guy and I wanted to inform him of the problems ryan isn't mentioningans apparently won't mention until you arrive at the car. Hopefully I saved Chris the time that I wasted dealing with Ryan and his "perfect" e46.

With what Ryan messaged me last night, I ended up giving him my m30 parts and calling it square. As long as he lowered his price the 500 he owes me AND state the actual problems with the car; I agreed to keep my mouth shut. he didn't think that was fair, and I don't think I reqlly care anymore about him or his fucked up car. Just looking out for fellow bmw fans and trying to provide an honest opinion.

so, since I didn't get my way I'll let you guys laugh at the post I made on fb and the message I got from him regarding the heck engine light, tranny, and clutch issues.

I haven't talked to Ryan in months dude, it wasn't me who told him you were bashing his car on r3v or anywhere else. The guy annoys me, and that's why I haven't talked to him since before this thread was even created. One time, i sold him a nice aftermarket e30 steering wheel + hub for his drift car and already was giving it to him for half of what it was worth and then when we met up, he tried to negotiate the price even lower and then I ended up having to take less money because he "didn't bring enough cash". Needless to say after that deal, I've tried to avoid him and his POS cars as much as possible.

90 M3 brilliantrot/schwarz
                        90 M5 brilliantrot/schwarz
                        87 325 alpinweiss/houndstooth (building)
                        90 735i/5 islandgrün-metallic/schwarz (daily)
                        87 Foxbody Notch 5.0 5spd SSP (other daily)
                        71 F-250 4x4 390 4spd

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by bruner View Post
                            I haven't talked to Ryan in months dude, it wasn't me who told him you were bashing his car on r3v or anywhere else. The guy annoys me, and that's why I haven't talked to him since before this thread was even created. One time, i sold him a nice aftermarket e30 steering wheel + hub for his drift car and already was giving it to him for half of what it was worth and then when we met up, he tried to negotiate the price even lower and then I ended up having to take less money because he "didn't bring enough cash". Needless to say after that deal, I've tried to avoid him and his POS cars as much as possible.
                            Sounds right up his alley lol.. i appreciate the response! Just really hard to see someone manipulating a forum to sell his car. Deleting members who drove his car and provides their experience.

Comment

Lol. I sold a car and listed in detail everything that was done, needed to still be done, and the problems. It sold quickly because the potential buyers knew exactly what they were getting into before even seeing the car in person. No better way to lose a sale than to have some one show up to a promised clean car that in reality is a shit heap. I don't know Ryan or his car, but that attitude says a lot.
                              Originally posted by Sonny
                              I am a meme for our community.

Comment

Working...
                              X