UUC reviews?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

UUC reviews?

Hey guys so I have a unique experience. When I bought my e30 from previous owner he told me the car has a uuc strut bar and a uuc short shift kit installed. I made sure to check to be 100% sure he didnt lie. He was correct. Well that's the back story lol. He also told me that he used to work for UUC and said that he doesn't recommend there products because the price doesn't match the quality. As in the product is overpriced. figured he should know since he worked for them. just wanted to warn others.
    Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Daily: 06 Chevy Colorado (wannabe racetruck)
    Drift/Track Car: 91 Bmw 318i 4dr

Your PO's statement sounds like something someone would say when they got fired. UUC is expensive but it is high quality.
    How to remove, install or convert to pop out windows
    http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=297611

Could be better, could be worse.

Comment

UUC makes great stuff. We've used a handful of items from there parts catalog.

I friggin LOVE their DSSR's.
      IG: deniso_nsi Leave me feedback here

Comment

I'd agree that their products are overpriced. I bought their SSK. It does appear to be high quality, but it was also over engineered and way too complicated. Hated the way it shifted. I will admit that it's possible that I may have installed it wrong, and that's why it shifted poorly, but there is still no need for it to be so complicated. I put the stock shifter back in (much easier to install btw), and it was a huge improvement. I did keep the DSSR and delrin bushings though.

Comment

Funny I love that shifter, no more replacing worn out plastic pieces I can reach easily. Instal and forget and it's muiti-height adjustable.

I have bought three over the years and they were used so priced just right for me.
          https://www.facebook.com/BentOverRacing

Comment

It depends on the product. Their dssr, clutch lines, etc are not bad at all. The ltfw/clutch combos have had some well documented problems in the past but apparently are fixed - no matter what they tell you or what fluid you use, they WILL chatter, and LOUD. The sway bars...the bars themselves are nice. The mounting hardware is pure Chinese shit, and doesn't line up well, holes are the wrong size, etc. The support after purchase is terrible too. If you can get ahold of them they will blame you for the install or make excuses. One of the front subframe bracket's holes was too small for the stock subframe bolt. I called and was told "these cars are 25+ years old, someone must have retapped the frame for a different size and that's a bigger bolt". I mean do they think I'm fucking stupid or something? Dude im a physician, i can measure a bolt and compare it to the widely available stock bolt sizes. I've also made many orders that included "free ____" that was never included. I would get radio silence when I emailed or called about it.
            Blaming the customer/making excuses for quality are well known issues. I have friends that have experienced it as well as a few bmw specific shops in TX

Tl/dr: some products are good, some are garbage (poor quality control) and the owner is an asshole who's demeanor changes once he gets your money

Comment

Ok thanks good to know. I for one am happy with the shifter especially since the car only cost me 1k and the shifter cost like $300 so I'm happy to get free mods lol. But yes let's keep this thread going so others can see this to know what to expect when ordering from UUC.
              Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Daily: 06 Chevy Colorado (wannabe racetruck)
              Drift/Track Car: 91 Bmw 318i 4dr

Comment

Alright, i'll add my $0.02.

TLDR: shifter kit works, had to sand their shifter knob to make it fit, they could have made more money off me.

I recently purchased UUC's EVO3 Short Shift Kit with DSSR. No issues with availability or shipping.

They were running a special promo at the time where I could get their fancy stainless steel shift knob.

The issue was that their shift knob did not fit onto their shifter kit! I had to use my Dremel and take a little bit of the material off the inside of the shift knob to get it to fit. They make both of these parts, why can't they figure out how to measure properly and make them fit?

Another issue that was my fault is that I missed the fine print where it says to use a 89+ selector joint. I was lucky enough that I have access to a mill and was able to nicely cut my selector joint down.

I did find it a little odd that UUC didn't sell a super-duper 89+ selector joint that you could purchase with their kit if you needed. More profit for them, right?

Another odd thing was that they give you this really nice shifter kit with delrin bushings and you then mate it up to your original 30 year old rear shifter arm rubber bushing. You would think they would have a add-on item to sell a nice poly/delrin version of that too. Oh well, I gave Garagistic some $$ for that piece instead.

In my reading, I also found that there's a special tool that makes the removal of the "bitch clip" a breeze (google for "s&g tool aid 13860"). That could have been yet another thing UUC could have sold to me (at a nice profit).

Comment

My shop is a UUC dealer. Installed countless items without any issues. Rob has always treated me, and my customers, fairly and with respect.
                  john@m20guru.com
                  Links:
                  Transaction feedback: Here, here and here. Thanks :D

Comment

I ordered a product that was "in stock" and it didn't ship for 3 months. I called in once a week and was told every time that "those will be done tomorrow". I didn't care for those I spoke with on the phone. I won't order from them again.
                    1990 Brilliantrot 325iS Build Thread
                    1989 Zinnoberrot M3 Build Thread

Comment

Working...
                    X