Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Are these what ESM002s are supposed to look like?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Are these what ESM002s are supposed to look like?

I ordered one (not a set) of ESM002 to use as a spare tire. It looks close enough to the BBS RS set that I am having done so I figured instead of buying a 5th one of those for a rim I will barely ever use get the ESM.

Here is the question, I ordered the ESM in 4x100. Is the lug pattern supposed to look like this? I didnt even bother looking before I had the tire mounted, I should have, but this looks like it has almost zero metal between some of these holes.

Euro Delivery Thread///E30 Project Klaus///COTM August 2021

I've never seen a set, but my gut feeling is no, they are not supposed to look like that. Even if they are made that way, I wouldn't run them. That looks sketchy at best.

Comment

Originally posted by rturbo 930 View Post
      I've never seen a set, but my gut feeling is no, they are not supposed to look like that. Even if they are made that way, I wouldn't run them. That looks sketchy at best.
      That's what I thought, a ton of people on this board run ESMs so I was surprised to see this.

Comment

Its just a multi studd wheel. Fits loads of things. did it come from the factory like that? if so i see no issue.

Comment

Originally posted by e30davie View Post
          Its just a multi studd wheel. Fits loads of things. did it come from the factory like that? if so i see no issue.
          Thats what I am trying to find out, I have never seen multi drills that close.

I am hoping someone with ESM002's can comment

Comment

That's how ESM drills all their wheels because they are a shitty company.
            Byron
            Leichtbau

Comment

I bought 4 ESM002's new when I had my e30. They came drilled like a normal wheel, 4x100 only. 4 holes.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by willworkfore30s View Post
                I bought 4 ESM002's new when I had my e30. They came drilled like a normal wheel, 4x100 only. 4 holes.
                See thats what I was thinking, I cant imagine so many ESMs were bought on this board and they looked like that.

Comment

My ESM's are NOT like that. They are normal 4x100 pattern.

Comment

Unless the VW guys are getting different wheels this is what all their multi patterns look like. Where'd you get yours?
                    Swanny!
                    SUCKERS.

Comment

Staszek, my ESM 002's came exactly like yours. I got mine last summer and have had no issues running them. It's an option for 4 or 5 lug application.

Comment

Maybe its a good idea to get a spare for your spare? Haha
                        Steve • Toronto
                        1991 318is • Brillantrot
                        Build Thread

Comment

Originally posted by Swanny View Post

Unless the VW guys are getting different wheels this is what all their multi patterns look like. Where'd you get yours?
                          I bought it from Modbargains.

Comment

Anyone else have pics of their ESM with 4x100?

Comment

I'll take a pic of mine tonight.

Comment

Working...
                              X