Is 70mm hub with 4x100 possible?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is 70mm hub with 4x100 possible?

I have a wheel that's 4x113 and a 70mm hub bore. I want them redrilled to 4x100 but I'm not sure if its possible with a 70mm bore. iirc e30s have 67mm hub bores? Im not sure how much smaller 4x100 is compared to 4x113. If anyone has seen a 4x100 wheel with a 70mm hub bore please let me know or send a pic.

1988 ~ Lacey ~ 325iS

E30 hubs are 57.1mm

I think it would be tight - what kind of wheels are they?
    Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Would all come down to the physical design of the wheel. If there is alot of material there to drill then you might be all good. If not you might be out of luck.

Re-drilling wheels is a grey area that I personally would not enter in to. Lots of people do it sure, and "i've never had an issue" is the common comment, but you are on your own really as you have modified a designed wheel.

Comment

Yes, it's possible. Wheels are available from the factory with a 73.1mm bore and 4x100 pattern - I have some. E30 wheels have a 57.1mm bore though. Not sure if it would be ok to fill and drill with only 8.5mm of material between hub bore and the bolt hole though.

IG @turbovarg
        '91 318is, M20 turbo
        [CoTM: 4-18]
        '94 525iT slicktop, M50B30 + S362SX-E, 600WHP DD or bust
        - updated 3-17

Comment

People fill and drill BMW 5lug 72.xxmm hub bores to 4x100 all the time, so you should be fine.

1991 325iS turbo

Comment

[/url]

Thanks for the feedback guys. They're enkei ek98's. 4x114.3 15x7 et19. I don't want to use adapters because they'll poke to much in the front, I believe. My neighbor down the road is a professional welder and will be doing all the filling. I already got a rough estimate on what it's going to cost to redrill the wheels at a local shop. I'm almost ready to get all of this in motion, but before I do I just wanted to make sure it's possible given the space. It looks pretty tight especially with the center nut threads in the way but if 72mm 4x100's are out there then this shouldn't be a problem? I believe if I bought studs and used a narrow lug nut it would fit? I'm not using these wheels to go to the track, just for car shows and weekend cruises. Also since they are being filled and redrilled, and not just drilled again I think they should be structurally sound.

1988 ~ Lacey ~ 325iS

Comment

This guy did it but I'm not sure what size hub bore that is. It seems like if I were to do this it would take out the center nut threads

1988 ~ Lacey ~ 325iS

Comment

faith restored, looks like it is possible. :p

1988 ~ Lacey ~ 325iS

Comment

That's certainly close to the bore. I like the porosity you can see in those welds, i hope yours are better.....

Comment

I threw them up on my hub today and I'm deciding not to go with them. I've always wanted real rs' and it seems like you have to really pay to play when it comes to vintage bbs'. Thanks for all of the input.

1988 ~ Lacey ~ 325iS

Comment

Working...
                    X