Noisy TPS w/MegaSquirt?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Noisy TPS w/MegaSquirt?

Has anyone swapped the signal/ground pins on their E36 TPS to address signal noise? Trying to work out if this amount is considered normal or needs fixing (5x zoom below).
    Attached Files

I've never zoomed in 5x on a log of it, but my TPS has always been pretty noisy. The percentage dances around a bit on my tuning screen and in histogram view there's a fair amount of jumping around within a percentage point. Mine was worsening for a while and when it got really bad I opened the TPS up, cleaned it out with alcohol, and clipped off a couple of pieces of the brush that were sticking out at odd angles, calmed it right down. As long as it isn't enough noise to trigger accel enrich or kick you out of closed loop idle, it should be ok.

IG @turbovarg
    '91 318is, M20 turbo
    [CoTM: 4-18]
    '94 525iT slicktop, M50B30 + S362SX-E, 600WHP DD or bust
    - updated 3-17

Comment

Here's a pic of the only data log I have with me at work. (I don't have MegaLog Viewer on my computer so I'm using a different piece of software). Mine looks fairly similar, maybe a bit smoother and less periodic than yours.

Comment

mine has always been a little noisey as well....there is a smoothing factor under general settings for the tps...100% is raw signal and 10% is fully smoothed out. try adjusting that.

Comment

Originally posted by Lugnuts View Post
          Has anyone swapped the signal/ground pins on their E36 TPS to address signal noise? Trying to work out if this amount is considered normal or needs fixing (5x zoom below).
          what is the range between peak and valley?
          89 E30 325is Lachs Silber - currently M20B31, M20B33 in the works, stroked to the hilt...

new build thread http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=317505

Comment

Working...
          X