X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

M20 Wasted Spark MS PNP Gen2 Tune?

Guys

Getting ready to fire up Das Beast.

Can someone share a TunerStudio Megasquirt PNP2 Gen2 M20 tune for wasted spark? I've gone through all the TunerStudio screens and think they're right, but would feel better starting from a known good tune.

Thanks in advance

Click image for video of cold crank
    Last edited by dvallis; 11-06-2018, 06:38 PM. Reason: typo
    "And then we broke the car. Again." Mark Donohue, "The Unfair Advantage"

1987 E30 3L Turbo Stroker Das Beast
    2002 E39 M5

its going to depend on how you have wired it up. There aren't many settings to change. If i recall its one drop down to change from single coil to wasted spark of A, B, C outputs. assuming you have wired it up to ABC outputs.

I would just describe how you have wired it up, post some screen shots of your settings and let people comment. you will learn more this way....

Comment

Dude, you don't want to know how much wiring we did. :devil: However, here's the setup. From Post 302 and Post 819 of Das Beast build.

It's not the wiring I'm asking about. It's getting all the right settings of TunerStudio's 154 configuration screens. I have a known good setup with the Canyon Crusher V2 MSQ, but have not seen one for wasted spark.

Note: switched to GM coils from MSD per ForcedFireBird suggestion

2002 E39 M5

Comment

The only thing you need to do in TunerStudio is set the ignition setting to 'wasted spark', assign the Spark B & C to the correct outputs for your hardware configuration, and set the trigger as 'going high'. You may have to tweak the dwell settings, there's a good walk through here: https://www.diyautotune.com/support/...p373-ignition/

Everything else is controlled by your wiring. Based on your schematics, the wiring looks correct, you just need know the names of the channels in software that correlate to pins 15 & 16 on your MS2 output.

Comment

Before starting it, use the drop down menu in TunerStudio called CANBUS/TestModes. This way you can verify which coil pack is firing and wire them properly to the engine...

Example of how to use the MS test mode to fire a coil
          john@m20guru.com
          Links:
          Transaction feedback: Here, here and here. Thanks :D

Comment

I finally found the definitive answer here.

Moving this discussion back to Das Beast. Was really looking here for a MSQ file to work with.
            Last edited by dvallis; 11-09-2018, 04:06 PM. Reason: typo

2002 E39 M5

Comment

Thanks 'Bird. Will do.

2002 E39 M5

Comment

Working...
              X