The Definitive 1991 M-Technic Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Luxury package 1992 325ic

Can the dealer confirm if I have the appearance package of the full luxury package with the sport suspension? I have all other ducks covered ie leather shift nob, diamond black, dimming light. I might have original struts in this baby and I guess I need to know if I have the M-tech suspension as it determines my required shock correct? I have a 1991 325ic and I have the M-Tech wrap around appearance.

Comment

770 and 771 were all 91 model year, around 4/91-5/91 build dates.
      just lookup the vin at bmwvin.com and check the first post. if the 770 package is listed you have an mtech appearance vert. if you have a full mtech with leather door cards quarters and console that will show up with a 771 option.
      Last edited by bradnic; 07-20-2018, 04:53 PM.
      I BUY/SELL REFURBISHED CM5907s & CM5908s

HOWTOs:
      DB vert plastic bumpers
      OEM Keys
      MTech1 docs

88 ix Lach/Card
      91 ic Calypso 3.1
      86 Cosmo 2.7

OEM+ or bust!

reelizmpro: I will always be an e30 guy.. I still do all of my own labor
      TrentW: There's just something so right about a well-built M20 in an E30
      e30m3s54turbo: I save my money for tuner parts.

Comment

Originally posted by NeverEnough02 View Post
        Hey, is there a newer one of these threads somewhere? I remember seeing a list of owners with vins and such. Cant find it now.I bought one a few weeks ago!
        check the 2nd sticky post..
        did you buy one of the 2 771s on BaT?
        assume you checked e30ic.com for info as well? lots of good info on this thread

HOWTOs:
        DB vert plastic bumpers
        OEM Keys
        MTech1 docs

88 ix Lach/Card
        91 ic Calypso 3.1
        86 Cosmo 2.7

OEM+ or bust!

Comment

Originally posted by bradnic View Post
          771 and 772 were all 91 model year, around 4/91-5/91 build dates.
          just lookup the vin at bmwvin.com and check the first post. if the 772 package is listed you have an mtech appearance vert. if you have a full mtech with leather door cards quarters and console that will show up with a 771 option.
          You mean 770 appearance and 771 luxury. Since the car is black it must be a 770 appearance package.
          "I'd probably take the E30 M3 in this case just because I love that little car, and how tanky that inline 6 is." - thecj

85 323i M TECH 1 S52 - ALPINEWEISS/SCHWARZE
          88 M3 - LACHSSILBER/SCHWARZE
          89 M3 - ALPINEWEISS II/M TECH CLOTH-ALCANTARA
          91 M TECHNIC CABRIO TURBO - MACAOBLAU/M TECH CLOTH-LEATHER

Comment

fixed the fat fingering.. and missed that it was black and therefore a 770. thx for keeping us honest B

HOWTOs:
            DB vert plastic bumpers
            OEM Keys
            MTech1 docs

88 ix Lach/Card
            91 ic Calypso 3.1
            86 Cosmo 2.7

OEM+ or bust!

Comment

Originally posted by bradnic View Post
              check the 2nd sticky post..
              did you buy one of the 2 771s on BaT?
              assume you checked e30ic.com for info as well? lots of good info on this thread
              Found it a while back and posted there. Yes, I got one of the BAT cars. Had been looking for a silver for years so, I have read over the sources many times. Still haven’t found who made the original shocks. Best I can find is they come from
              Bilstein or Sachs/boge. Would like to know who produced them for sure.

Comment

I can't say for sure since the previous owner installed Koni's but I know Boge Turbo Gas (better known today as Sachs Advantage) were installed on M3's.
                "I'd probably take the E30 M3 in this case just because I love that little car, and how tanky that inline 6 is." - thecj

85 323i M TECH 1 S52 - ALPINEWEISS/SCHWARZE
                88 M3 - LACHSSILBER/SCHWARZE
                89 M3 - ALPINEWEISS II/M TECH CLOTH-ALCANTARA
                91 M TECHNIC CABRIO TURBO - MACAOBLAU/M TECH CLOTH-LEATHER

Comment

Originally posted by reelizmpro View Post
                  I can't say for sure since the previous owner installed Koni's but I know Boge Turbo Gas (better known today as Sachs Advantage) were installed on M3's.
                  Interesting. Mine are still oem I suspect. 89k miles and they are leaking from
                  The top up front. I couldn’t find any markings on the rear so they may be replacements. Maybe I will just wait until winter when there is no rush to do it all in one day. I will then be able to dismantle them order.

Comment

1991 MTtechII (771A) -5 Speed Car

Here’s one of my little gems. Would love to hear from more owners..

loanswithdavid8@gmail.com
                    Attached Files

Comment

You just have excellent roads.

Comment

Currently Listed on Bring a Trailer:

Bid for the chance to own a 1991 BMW 325i Cabriolet M-Technic 5-Speed at auction with Bring a Trailer, the home of the best vintage and classic cars online. Lot #14,293.

Comment

Hello @ll,

if someone is still interested in buying a BMW M Technic badge -> please PN me!

Greetings
                          Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                          X