No announcement yet.

Happy 300,000 original miles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Haha well the odometer gears were replaced the week they went out by my friend (the original owner) / had a speciality shop do the repair around the year 2010... this car is a driver car but the original owner was extremely meticulous, I have stacks and stacks of service and repair orders from BMW dealers on this car, the interior looks like a 20k mile car but the exterior is in dire need of a paint job, arktisblu metallic exterior paint is horribly faded, maybe next year I’ll have some funds for a paint job!

Originally posted by jeffnhiscars View Post
    I can't decide if I'm more impressed with the mileage or the fact that it still has a working odometer :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Originale30 View Post
      in dire need of a paint job, arktisblu metallic
      That's a great color though - it'll look good.

Comment

Looking good! My first e30 was that color. I should have kept that car.

Comment

That's awesome! 300k and 2 owners.

Yes if you keep up the maintenance I don't see why you should rebuild the engine. Taxis regularly do 1M kms but they are always running. Cold starts and short trips are the killer.
          Pulling my hair out with all these friggin BMW's:
          2000 M5 Winter beater
          1984 318i Coupe 2.5 S14 going in the car below.
          1988 M3 Lachssilber: I'm the second owner, currently recommissioning.

Comment

Very nice

Comment

Originally posted by coldweatherblue View Post
              That is a clean looking cluster for 300k!
              Hah was just thinking that - clear as day compared to most with half the miles.

congrats!
              1988 Atlantisblau Euro/Japanese 325i Cabriolet
              1989 Schwartz 325i - now M50 powered! - now very dead
              1998 Toyota 4Runner Limited
              My 17,000km Big NA National Parks trip!

Comment

Was just posting in another thread about mine... It is just shy of 555K km (about 328K miles), and is still going strong. And I've put major miles on this car in 6 years - about 50-60K km per year (except for the most recent year - only 28K km).

I truly believe the Eta is a tank of an engine, and even at these miles still has great pull off the line and is a joy to drive everyday.
                Estoguy
                1986 BMW 325, Alpenweiss ~ "Elsa"

Need a photographer, come visit my site: http://estoguy.wix.com/unique-perspectives

Comment

Nice!

I had an '86 that had 387k on the clock, odometer still working, but as soon as I bought it, I threw a 90k mile b25 in it. It was burning oil and was a little low on compression, but also got it from the original owner with all the receipts and log book in the glove box for maintenance.
                  john@m20guru.com
                  Links:
                  Transaction feedback: Here, here and here. Thanks :D

Comment

I love seeing this. On my way there, 260k and driven every day, but unfortunately estimated as odometer gears were bad for ~25k miles before being replaced. 8-owner '91 325i, 2nd motor, 3rd trans, never wrecked and no rust.
                    sigpic
                    1991 325i Sport - Calypsorot Metallic - DAILY DRIVEN

WTB in SoCal: 8"/10" Lukebox, leather Sport steering wheel, 60L MotoMeter fuel gauge, Thule/Yakima roof rack

Comment

No idea what the mileage on mine is, odo reads 56k but I found a timing belt change sticker that said 240k in '09. I'm the 2nd owner and it sat for a few years before I bought it.

I kinda wanted to reset the ODO to 0 when I got it since the title is already marked for incorrect mileage :)
                      86 325e sedan
                      • Magnaflow Cat-back
                      • SSSquid Stage 1 Chip

Comment

Hahaha that is insane congrats!!

Comment

Working...
                        X