Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by e30davie View Post
    It was a compliment to your photos.

Are you actually looking to sell? If you are and aren't in a rush, start high and keep dropping it till it sells. Then you will know how much its actually worth.
    I don't think this method works too well. Put a high price to start, and you piss people off. Then they snicker as you slowly lower the price down to earth, and it leaves a bad taste in people's mouth.

Whereas if you put it up at a reasonable price to start, people respect that and the car will sell quickly near the asking price.

That's a very nice car you have there. I think one day it will fetch 20k, in this condition. If it were a 2 door.... Auto or not it would be big money. Wish my e30s were half as clean as this.
    Pulling my hair out with all these friggin BMW's:
    2000 M5 Winter beater
    1984 318i Coupe 2.5 S14 going in the car below.
    1988 M3 Lachssilber: I'm the second owner, currently recommissioning.

Comment

Nice looking E30... what kind of wheels are those? They look sharp!
      Estoguy
      1986 BMW 325, Alpenweiss ~ "Elsa"

Need a photographer, come visit my site: http://estoguy.wix.com/unique-perspectives

Comment

Originally posted by estoguy View Post
        Nice looking E30... what kind of wheels are those? They look sharp!
        Thanks.

Wheels are Apex ARC-8

Comment

Originally posted by Nalex View Post
          No seriously, I live in the Midwest and rarely you see a nice not rusty older BMW.
          Many times I’ll be at a store I’ll walk out and see someone waiting at the car and ask me about it.
          And I do get asked “ how much does a car like this cost?”
          Usually I say some people may not pay 1k and some may be willing pay 20k.

And as you see comments above.

But again I am not trying to sell it.
          Maybe, this is a Midwest thing. I get asked all the time about my car.

Comment

Originally posted by clarkson View Post
            I don't think this method works too well. Put a high price to start, and you piss people off. Then they snicker as you slowly lower the price down to earth, and it leaves a bad taste in people's mouth.

Whereas if you put it up at a reasonable price to start, people respect that and the car will sell quickly near the asking price.

That's a very nice car you have there. I think one day it will fetch 20k, in this condition. If it were a 2 door.... Auto or not it would be big money. Wish my e30s were half as clean as this.
            I agree with Clarkson on this one - pricing it high and walking it down is a horrible way to price a car - do your research price it fair, consider small expenses an out of state buyer would have and use that as your "wiggle" room.

Meaning price it within 1k of what you would take.

Comment

I don’t know about price, but it is super clean man.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Nando nailed it. You're going to get the most amount of profit, if you were to sell it, by putting stock wheels on and leaving it auto. Doing the swap is not going add any value because you are both decreasing the value because it's not stock and increasing the value because it's manual. In the end, it's a net neutral, except you're out the money for the swap.

I'd say it's a $6k car (in DC), auto or manual. And since that's the case you can feel free to do whatever you want to it.
                AWD > RWD

Comment

Despite the exceptionally low mileage and mint condition, it's still an autotragic with 2 extra doors and after market wheels. I would list it for 8K or perform a manual swap, drive it for ten years, and list it for 12K. Regardless, BAT is probably your best option. Good luck!!

Comment

If all maintenance has been done and back on euroweaves you could probably pull as much as 15-16500 on BAT.

You need to lose the wheels if you want $
                    Much wow
                    I hate 4 doors

Comment

The problem with exceedingly low mile cars is the real value is in the lack of miles. If you buy it and drive it that value goes away. The big problem with this car is it is a very well preserved low mile car that was not very desirable even when it was new. Cars that were unique and desirable when they were new more often than not stay unique and desirable as they age.

Why someone bought this car and then didn't drive it makes no sense at all it's just a plain Jane 4 door 325i Automatic. It's crazy enough to buy a Ferrari or a Porsche and put it in the garage for 10 years and never drive it hoping you will make some $$$ in the future (more often than not with insurance, Licensing, storage and maintenance fees and interest they either paid on a loan to buy it or did not make on the money they had tied up in it they don't even come close to breaking even)

Putting a 5 speed in it makes it a "modified" 4 door 325i and any claim to originality it gone. If someone wants a really nice E30 with no rust to deal with and is willing to put up with the 4 doors then this is the perfect car to start with. There is no "investment potential" with this car it is just a E30 that someone can start driving today, maintain it well and have a nice car for 200,000 miles or more without too much effort.

Comment

whats "orig miles" anyway? Drives me nuts when people say that. Goes well with "I know what I have"

Comment

Originally posted by Cabriolet View Post
                          If all maintenance has been done and back on euroweaves you could probably pull as much as 15-16500 on BAT.

You need to lose the wheels if you want $

I don't see that happening.
                          BAT likes manual trans and factory sport models.
                          1991 318iC
                          1989 325i Field Rescue

Comment

I just don't see anyone who is willing to pay the premium for low miles also wanting an Automatic. Maybe i am wrong, but I think doing a manual swap would certainly help the resale value, despite being nolonger factory

Comment

Originally posted by rcsoundn1 View Post
                              whats "orig miles" anyway? Drives me nuts when people say that. Goes well with "I know what I have"
                              haha no kidding x 2. I love BAT's interpretation of "indicated miles" too.

I have been shopping for a coupe for a few months and its amazing to me that so many E30 odometers have broken at some point, or has been broken and just never fixed. I think unless you have significant documentation and/or an exceptionally preserved vehicle, the low mileage is more of an eye roll than anything.

Comment

This is one of those cases where i would push for ebay or bat. I personally like 4 door e30's but the coupes tend to pull more money and as has been noted the auto kills it for most people. I would throw this on bat and let the market decide but I would also throw the bat listing anywhere a potential buyer might be looking
                                Originally posted by blunttech
                                Levent guzzles vanilla hazelnut creamer like its my semen
                                :shock:

Comment

Working...
                                X