those fuses are clearly not OE
    Current Cars
    2014 M235i
    2009 R56 Cooper S
    1998 M3
    1997 M3

Comment

Originally posted by ACMF74 View Post
      does BMW sell the foam attached trunk lid?

ive got one NOS, its a bit discolored but still has the original backing paper on it
      88 325ic ~~~> Rusty and ugly
      85 E ~~~> RIP

Comment

Good write up... Good info. Its all in the details!
        e30sport.net
        '15 Porsche GT3 - 7-speed PDK - Daily Driver
        '86 325es - s54b32tu - 6-speed - Mtech 1
        '89 325is - m20b25 - 5-speed - Individual

Comment

Thanks mods for moving this into the FAQ section! :)

For the nit-pickers commenting on the fuses in my spare bulbs and fuses foam, I have asked my neighbor about it and did some research of my own. The OEM supplier of fuses for BMW is Littelfuse. Not a typo, it's Littelfuse. It has the metal lines on each side of the numbers. The numbers are big and roundish, it's the BMW font they chose and told Littelfuse to print on the fuses for them.

Yea, it's ridiculous how far I go for something so miniscule.

Comment

Originally posted by Japandrew73 View Post
            Thanks mods for moving this into the FAQ section! :)
            No problem, If you are going to write another DIY or FAQ PM me and ill approve the thread for you in here.

1987 PRO-3 car /1990 325is (2.7i Concours)

Comment

Originally posted by Jparkr View Post
              No problem, If you are going to write another DIY or FAQ PM me and ill approve the thread for you in here.
              Ok cool thanks :) Will do!

Comment

I know a lot of people on here like the e34 toolkit and want to know what goes in it, and so I have your answer. As a Christmas present for my Dad, I completed his e34 525i's toolkit and got to experience what went where.

All the same part numbers as the large/small toolkit apply to the e34 toolkit, along with the warning triangle and locking lug nut adapters and also the polishing cloth. The locking lug nut adapters are the two things in between the sunroof key and the grey screwdriver. The kit is roughly $25 at any dealer, and looks like this.

There are 30-something different lug nut patterns (codes). With the kit you will get your code - DON'T lose this! If you ever lose the adapters you'll be screwed without doing tons of research and comparison.
                One lug locks in each of the 4 wheels, and a little plastic Hex to disguise it as a regular lug snaps on the top of the locking lug.

The polishing cloth isn't the same as the e28 toolkit cloth. It is a slightly later version that is softer, bigger, darker blue, and a slightly more pointed square cloth than the e28. This is NLA.

The tow hook is the same as an e30 tow hook. The e30 tow hook for facelift models, is the only tow hook that will fit in the tray.
                The warning triangle is roughly $25 new, and has the part number 71601179041.
                The spark plug wrench is also different to that of the e30, but can still be found and bought in the parts diagrams.

Parts diagrams may be found here:

and here:

Comment

Working...
                X