No announcement yet.

Fuel Filter Replacement

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I just changed my filter on the 86 325e, and it was a pain at first. Forgot to clamp the hoses, so that was fun. Im just glad I have small hands.

Comment

A pencil in the end of the hose was all I needed. I was pretty simple, esp.when I used the caps on the end of the new filter to keep the old one from leaking all over me.
      '89 325i track sloot
      '01 530i daily

-Enginerd

Comment

Followed the directions and just clamped off the end of the hose. Worked like a charm.
        I'm thinkingit may be worth it to get new fuel lines though as they were not very elastic anymore.
        '74 2002 - Build blog at
        nomads2002.blogspot.com

Comment

screw all that crap, just move fast ;)
          ///Alpinweiß II 24v 91' 318is, Alpinweiß III 99' 323i, 04' Yamaha R6 SE for sale, 00' VW GTi, 83' El Camino BURNED, 01' P71sold, 92' Miatasold

Comment

Hey All:

I just ordered a new fuel filter for my 6/88' 325is (driver's side behind door). I can't seem to narrow down the size of the fuel lines on both sides of the filter and they are looking rough. On REALOEM there are 3-4 different line sizes. Any idea on what they are for sure?

Number 11 and 8. http://www.realoem.com/bmw/showparts...40&hg=13&fg=10
            Thanks!
            1987 E30 325is (5-Speed)
            2006 E83 X3 M-Sport (Slush)
            2010 E90 328 X-Drive MSport (Slush)

Comment

Working...
            X