No announcement yet.

M42 rough idle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Update below , still rough idea someone please help me see video. Also bad coolant leak in peak

Sorry, we couldn’t find that page

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    91 318is "under construction"
    2007 328i - daily
    sigpic

Comment

Did you ever solve the issue?
      Steve • Toronto
      1991 318is • Brillantrot
      Build Thread

Comment

Update so we did the MUI but still had a vacuum leak so we go be that now car it drive past 30mph was just driven 65 mph but when it get to a certain speed like 55 it sputs for a few secs but then pick back up right now we are checking the MAF and for addition vacuum leaks, any ideas from you'll would be greatly appreciated

2007 328i - daily
        sigpic

Comment

Update sept. 27th,2016 today we realized its not the intake but def the MAF so order a brand new one from eBay will test apond arrival.

2007 328i - daily
          sigpic

Comment

Did the MAF solve your problem? I'm assuming it may have since there is no follow up, but I am chasing the same kind of issue with my car. I have replaced pretty much every suspect part with no change.
            '91 318is - #ProjectGilbert
            '86 325 - may she rest in pieces

Comment

Nope having MAF Problem

2007 328i - daily
              sigpic

Comment

after sitting for 12 years the fuel injectors likely are gummed up and nasty. I personally would have them rebuilt, especially since it is only about $40. You will be surprised the flow rates of them, my last car that sat for a long time they flowed half of what they were supposed to (averaged on all 6).

thinking about this critically... if the engine is receiving half of the fuel the DME (ecu) THINKS it is giving it, then that is going to cause loads of problems. The fuel injection system does not like variables, it is designed to run with all good condition parts.

If I were you I would pull the upper intake manifold, remove injectors and have them rebuilt, and fix EVERY VACUUM HOSE. the m42 mess under the intake diagram is out there, just search. Basically all you need is a vac line to the brake booster, a vac line from the throttle body to the fuel pressure regulator (these two are fine from factory). The other vacuum line is from the intake boot to the ICV, and then from the ICV to the intake manifold. On the bottom of the throttle body is another vacuum inlet that comes from the valve cover oil vent.

This whole ordeal is going to cost only 80bux in parts, do it. the job should not take more than an hour.

parts you will need:
                new intake boot
                air filter
                upper intake manifold gasket
                new vacuum hose (goto local auto parts store and buy some generic stuff in the right size)

Get the injectors rebuilt through MEPEH on this forum.

Check the TPS for resistance with a digital multimeter while you are in there. Try a stomp test first to see if you can get that to work, if you can then the TPS is good.

good luck.

Comment

Working...
                X