Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any issues passing tech with corbeau forza seats?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any issues passing tech with corbeau forza seats?

Hey everyone,

I am trying to make a final decision on seats for my car and am thinking of just saving some money and going the corbeau forza route since the reviews are pretty decent, they are not going into a daily nor are they going into a full track car. I just don't want to have any issues with most HPDE organizers since I do plan on tracking a few times a year.

I am having a custom roll bar built as well.

Thanks in advance.

HPDE groups rarely, if ever, actually tech your car. You will sign a waiver/tech sheet stating it's all safe. Forza's should be fine. Pair them with a nice set of 6 point harnesses mounted properly to your car and roll bar, and you will probably have one of the safer cars in your run group.

When in doubt, ask the group you plan to run with (NASA, Chin, PDG, etc.). They will be glad to answer for you. If your group requires FIA seats (doubtful), Forza Sports are available for a little more money and are FIA certified.

RISING EDGE

Let's drive fast and have fun.

Comment

Cool. I figured it should be fine, but I have definitely had a bad run lately of things not being what I was originally thinking...

I saw the Forza sport seats as well. Definitely not a bad deal by any means, I am just trying to save a little if possible. I'll check a few of the larger groups rule books if they are posted. I have never ben to an actual track day, so I really don't know what groups/events I would even be going to at this point.

Comment

Usually only 2-3 groups will run actively at any given track, so check out the tracks you plan to frequent and take it from there. Where in FL are you? I'm in WPB, and run at PBIR, Homestead, and Sebring typically.

RISING EDGE

Let's drive fast and have fun.

Comment

I'm in the Tampa area. My thoughts were always on Sebring and potentially running up to Road Atlanta (someday). There is apparently a fairly small track at the FIRM compound around Baldwin/Starke. I honestly completely forgot about PBIR...

Comment

Working...
          X