No announcement yet.

Scum class 318 + Mtech + vortech v2 + unicorns - vortech + Turrrrbo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Where did you get the fuel lines? Did you have a link?
    How to remove, install or convert to pop out windows
    http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=297611

Could be better, could be worse.

Comment

Originally posted by rzerob View Post
      Wondering the same, are you worried about the rubber getting eaten up by e85 too?

Edit: do you have a link for the AC hose you used?

Comment

Amazon.
        5/16" (.312") Copper Nickel Roll/Coil of Fuel or Transmission Line - 25 ft.

The beads are rolled in using a double flaring tool. You do the first step of the flare half way and get a nice bead.

I bent everything by hand, which you won’t be able to do with stainless steel. It’s also much easier to flare compared to SS.

Originally posted by Jokester View Post
        Wondering the same, are you worried about the rubber getting eaten up by e85 too?

Edit: do you have a link for the AC hose you used?

Most fuel injection hose is rated for ethanol since pump gas has 10% ethanol. They won’t come apart, but ethanol can more easily permeate the rubber hose so you may get some smell. This build will be pump gas only, I have come to dislike e85.

The AC hose and fittings I got from coldhose.com
        They are somewhat pricey but they have a huge selection and the hose I got was quality stuff, really easy to bend compared to the crap I got from my local AC shop.
        Make sure you order everything in one go because shipping is expensive.

Comment

Thanks for the link. I am buying some for my ix.

Comment

finally got some nice weather this weekend and had a minute.

Finished up my brake lines. I added this bias valve since the brakes weren’t great at the last trackday.

It’s adjusted with a knob inside the car. Pretty cool setup that costs only $100.

Installed eBay oil cooler. I’ve used this with good success on the lemons car, never had any leaks. I’m not sure about the hoses and fittings. The fitting design and how it seals to the hose is pretty crappy on these eBay fittings so I may swap them out for nicer stuff.

Gonna try my best with the aluminum intercooler piping now, wish me luck!
            Anyone have advice on how to keep the pipes together for welding? I don’t have a TIG at home so I need to transport the pipes. The fitment is really tight so I don’t want to rely on sharpie marks. The best idea I’ve come up with is to drill holes in 3” t bolt clamps to hold them together and have access for a tack weld.
            Last edited by pandaboo911; 04-15-2019, 11:42 AM.

Comment

I have been planning to try this out. I know a few people who says it works great but I have to see to believe. If you try and it works let us know.

Amazing deals on this 8 Pc Low Temperature Aluminum Welding Rods at Harbor Freight. Quality tools & low prices.

Comment

I have been planning to try this out. I know a few people who says it works great but I have to see to believe. If you try and it works let us know.

https://www.harborfreight.com/8-piec...ods-44810.html

Huh.. how do those work? You braze the pipes together? I probably don’t have a torch hot enough, I doubt a propane torch will do it.

Comment

Originally posted by pandaboo911 View Post
                  Huh.. how do those work? You braze the pipes together? I probably don’t have a torch hot enough, I doubt a propane torch will do it.
                  Yeah I feel the same way but they told me it worked great. And they don't know anything about welding. Apparently all you need is a propane torch and these aluminum rods. I have seen videos and I know people who have done it but I don't have personal experience with them yet. I would not recommend just using these to weld together but just to spot weld.

Comment

Originally posted by pandaboo911 View Post
                    Gonna try my best with the aluminum intercooler piping now, wish me luck!
                    Anyone have advice on how to keep the pipes together for welding? I don’t have a TIG at home so I need to transport the pipes. The fitment is really tight so I don’t want to rely on sharpie marks. The best idea I’ve come up with is to drill holes in 3” t bolt clamps to hold them together and have access for a tack weld.
                    Scribe with something sharp and steel would be a more permanent mark. They make purpose built carbide scribes for real precise marking.

Comment

ive seem people tape them and then just peel the tapeback and tack
                      We're out there in here.

Comment

Originally posted by BUDNUNTA View Post
                        ive seem people tape them and then just peel the tapeback and tack
                        I do this method. Works great.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
                        '89 325i OBD2 S52 BUILD THREAD
                        Shadetree30

Comment

use PET clear green tape. I used it to help build my charge pipes and it works great. Peel, tack remove, and it generally leaves alot less sticky residue than many other tapes. Aluminum welding is very sensitive to being dirty.

awesome build!
                          www.cp-e.com

1989 Zinno 325i m52 turbo coupe
                          2015 Ford Fiesta ST, Daily Driver.

Comment

Thanks guys for the replies. I’ll try a combination of the tape and scribe.

Comment

Been thrashing every night putting this thing together. I’ve run into a lot of annoying snags.

I was chasing a huge oil leak and I finally found it after taking the vanos unit out. The end plate holding the vanos had a crack in it, no idea how or when that happened. Got a replacement.

Next up I found the idle valve wasn’t working for whatever reason, after putting everything together. So I’m gonna have to rip the whole intake off again and install a replacement.

Got 90% of the wiring done. Added a fuel pressure gauge, fuel level. Will add pics of that.

Also added a VR to Hall effect signal converter for the VSS signal. Hopefully that works. I’m not 100% sure how people get VSS to work for OBD2. I’m still getting P0500 for speed sensor. Previously I used a gutted e30 speedometer circuit to condition the speed signal, but I hated that solution. Any tips appreciated :)

This is how it looks now.

Anyone interested in a 6 speed manual 550i? Doing a lot of maintenance on it, planning to sell. It’s a helluva car, one of the best I’ve ever owned, but I’m looking to downsize.

Comment

Crack in the vanos housing. Waffles waffles

Handbrake console gauges

They go along with the gauge cluster

Also got a nice package in the mail

DKM twin disc clutch
                                Last edited by pandaboo911; 06-04-2019, 11:51 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X