MkII GTi Recaros in an E30

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MkII GTi Recaros in an E30

After 5 years of trying to find a pair of these fuckers, I finally found a set locally that a friend is going to sell me. I know there's a few guys that have these, is there anything special that needs to be done to fit them? I remember someone saying that you can use Recaro E30 brackets to install them, is that correct?

Maybe its possible to use brackets from e30 recaro but even custom ones arent hard to make.
    I www.ak-bmwcroatia.com I

:wgaf:

Comment

Make your own brakets. A large vice, sheetmetal, and a rubber mallet work great for shaping the bracket, and a bench grinder to contour it if necessary.

Project M42 Turbo

Comment

are they Trophys? those are my favorite old school recaro seat, black vinyl with grey cloth centers... you mite be able to bolt up the recaro sliders and brackets made for an e30, but i dont think the stock e30 ones will work. you should call recaro and see if they have any OG guys working who still remember those seats.
        IG: @Baye30

FRONT VALENCE IS ZENDER!!! STOP FILLING MY PM BOX PPL!!!

Comment

Originally posted by golde30 View Post
          are they Trophys? those are my favorite old school recaro seat, black vinyl with grey cloth centers... you mite be able to bolt up the recaro sliders and brackets made for an e30, but i dont think the stock e30 ones will work. you should call recaro and see if they have any OG guys working who still remember those seats.
          Nah, they're these ones:

I suppose I could make my own brackets for them, I've done it before, with those fake SRD's I used to have.

Comment

fake srds? still have em?

Comment

IIRC, the old GTI used a three-point mounting system that isn't even close to the e30 seat bracket design.
              McCain's military draft: Are you willing to bet your life?

Comment

Originally posted by smonkbmw View Post
                fake srds? still have em?
                Nope, got rid of those cheap ass fuckers a long time ago.

I'll figure out some way to install them.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Anderson View Post
                  Nope, got rid of those cheap ass fuckers a long time ago.
                  damn, where did you find them? sources?

Comment

i have heard from a couple e30 guys way back that those specific seats are an uber bitch to install. but im sure if you are handy with minor metal fab it should be pretty straight forward.
                    IG: @Baye30

FRONT VALENCE IS ZENDER!!! STOP FILLING MY PM BOX PPL!!!

Comment

just use the BIG zip ties josh......

Comment

Josh, I have those seats in my car and I am going with new sparco seats in a month or 2. If you want my sliders you can have them. My sliders have 3 settings for height and fit perfectly. I will get more money selling the seats to VW owners than E30 guys so the sliders are worth nothing to me. I just cant promise when mine will be available. Or I can take a grip of pics and you can copy mine if you like. Let me know.
                        ~Ryan
                        Last edited by E30Idea; 08-03-2008, 11:38 PM.
                        ** Lot's of M20 turbo parts for sale.**

Turn key track car.

http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=222066

Comment

Good find, those seats rock in support and comfort. I have very similar ones, but in e30-specific fitment :D

Good luck fitting yours, though.
                          cars beep boop

Comment

Originally posted by E30Idea View Post
                            Josh, I have those seats in my car and I am going with new sparco seats in a month or 2. If you want my sliders you can have them. My sliders have 3 settings for height and fit perfectly. I will get more money selling the seats to VW owners than E30 guys so the sliders are worth nothing to me. I just cant promise when mine will be available. Or I can take a grip of pics and you can copy mine if you like. Let me know.
                            ~Ryan
                            Would you mind taking pictures for the general E30 public? I'd appreciate it anyway..

Comment

Those seats are worth the effort.
                              McCain's military draft: Are you willing to bet your life?

Comment

Working...
                              X