No announcement yet.

Replacement headunit options that suit the E30 interior

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

^ Correct Ecsk regarding new functions. (i never asked this on Eurocca did i???????)

However i do not need every gadget to be happy. The g/f on the other hand wants to control the space shuttle from this bad boy!

Comment

Checked and definitely not me asking on the ECCA forum this question.

Comment

The latest kenwoods match the lighting well and have modern features that work. The unit looks decent in my e30

My Allrad Blog

Comment

I went with form over function....BMW CD43 with a GROM Aux-in adapater. I think you can get a bluetooth version of the Grom unit now. Took some work to get it to fit right but it looks absolutely stock.
          sigpic

Comment

Any pictures Cruzer?

Comment

Originally posted by ecsk View Post
              I believe most people including me, who own 90's old BMW want old look head unit but yet want modern features, bluetooth, aux-in, iPod connection, etc. In reality they don't exist, you got to balance at some point.
              IMO, Becker Grand Prix series are the best choice if you can afford the money, and if you can still find it because Becker don't produce aftermarket HU anymore.
              I had one in my old car that looked perfect. I think it was a model that isn't made any longer though. Had USB front and that was all I ever needed.

Also this HU looks pretty slick. http://www.crutchfield.com/p_023BRIS...4#overview-tab
              Last edited by elbrack; 04-14-2014, 01:42 PM.

Comment

Kenwood Excelon KDC-X496

The color matching is pretty much spot on. Its capable of 24 different colors.

Car Stereo by dnoble7337, on Flickr

Car Stereo by dnoble7337, on Flickr
                98 M3/4/5

Comment

The alpine CDE-103BT. Looks damn slick in an e30 interior. Also, the display/buttons have matching amber lights for night driving.

<3

Comment

Originally posted by Neil1138 View Post
                    The alpine CDE-103BT. Looks damn slick in an e30 interior. Also, the display/buttons have matching amber lights for night driving.

<3
                    Wish they still made that. :-\ None of their new models have Amber as an option.

Comment

It is good you can change colours on the decks these days though.

Comment

Does anyone have any knowledge on the brand Trevi? I found a cheap basic unit with only USB and AUX inputs but it looks basic with the amber backlight. Its a Trevi SDC5715

Comment

Originally posted by federal View Post
                          I've bought this one.. Chinese junk, but it has usb and memory card..

Looks nice, but what brand/model is it?

Comment

Originally posted by NitroRustlerDriver View Post
                            Looks nice, but what brand/model is it?

Mine is Roadstar.. I don't remember the model because I deleted all labels.
                            Pyle, sell the same headunit, but this one is blue ligthed unfortunally..

Pyle PLR26MPU In-Dash Receiver with AM/FM Radio, AUX Input for iPod/MP3 Players and SD/USB Flash Readers

e30 mtech2 cabrio bbs rs

E30 M3 RESCUED

Alpina C2 REP

instragram e30company

Comment

Shame about the blue illumination. That one above has almost perfectly matching backlighting.

Comment

Replacement headunit options that suit the E30 interior

You might be able to change that though. last night I opened up the faceplate to my old Sony Am/Fm/cassette unit and messed around with the green bulbs inside. so on this unit, the screen backlights had green rubber on them. I pulled it off with little pliers, and colored the bulb with a red sharpie (I didn't have an orange damn it) and I colored over the green LED's that backlight the buttons. Put it all together again, plugged it back in...the screen is a bit more red than the OBC, and the buttons are barely visible at night, but I'll tell you, It's a HELL of a lot better than that damned green display. And it took very little time, and was free.

TBH I think the sound quality is better to my ears now because before I was too busy hating it over that green display to notice how good it really is!!!

if any of you guys want to see it I could post up a pic.

--Mike
                                (OO=[][]=OO) For Life

Comment

Working...
                                X