No announcement yet.

Melon's E30 Build.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Also, thank to Albie for giving me info on how he tested his ABS module, I confirmed mine is working, motor and all solenoids, as well as the relays.

My ABS issues lie elsewhere. I've replace the ECU and the Relay under the dash.
    I suppose it's time to check wiring.

Also, my gauge cluster doesn't appear to have an ABS light. Nothing lights up when I turn the key, and since the cluster was swapped, it might have been from a non-ABS 2.5L car.
    I do things.

Comment

Originally posted by Melon View Post
      I like big brakes and I can not lie...

Little pad comparison between the Massive Sport kit with the Wilwood Superlite caliper, and then the pad with the UUC kit.

Beefy.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
      Thinking about doing this same thing. I am not exactly happy with the UUC kit, the alignment of the nut in the caliper was iffy and the bolt was making contact with the caliper on its way through so I had to order a new nut and bolt and their customer service was lackluster (took months to get said nut and bolt and they only sent the nut). massive's kit looks better too visually.
      www.cp-e.com

1989 Zinno 325i m52 turbo coupe
      2015 Ford Fiesta ST, Daily Driver.

Comment

Originally posted by mitchlevy7 View Post
        Thinking about doing this same thing. I am not exactly happy with the UUC kit, the alignment of the nut in the caliper was iffy and the bolt was making contact with the caliper on its way through so I had to order a new nut and bolt and their customer service was lackluster (took months to get said nut and bolt and they only sent the nut). massive's kit looks better too visually.
        I ended up sending it, and then using a die to reset the threads. It worked, but FFS, talk about bad fitment.

To his credit Rob answered all my emails immediately, and helped me out with some install questions.
        I do things.

Comment

Originally posted by Melon View Post
          Also, thank to Albie for giving me info on how he tested his ABS module, I confirmed mine is working, motor and all solenoids, as well as the relays.
          No prob, at least you can cross that off the list of potentially expensive things to replace. Really wish it had solved your issue though

The new Wilwoods look legit
          '86 325e Zinnoberrot /// '02 325ci Schwarz II /// '18 M4 Azurite Black Metallic ///

Albie325 Build Thread | Albie325 COTM Jan 2021

Comment

I can't wait to see the fitment of the BBKs in those gorgious wheels.
            Brake harder. Go faster. No shit.

massivebrakes.com

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Massiv...78417442267056

Comment

Originally posted by Albie325 View Post
              No prob, at least you can cross that off the list of potentially expensive things to replace. Really wish it had solved your issue though

The new Wilwoods look legit
              Word, I'm glad it works though, swapping out the pump would be messy.
              I don't mind automotive things, but I loathe brake fluid, it's so slippery and the fittings are so small and fidgety. It's almost impossible not to get it all over everything, oh and added bonus! It eats paint.
              I do things.

Comment

Originally posted by Massive Lee View Post
                I can't wait to see the fitment of the BBKs in those gorgious wheels.
                Hoping to finish up the install on Wednesday, the new lines will be here by then!

I do things.

Comment

Brakes installed.

I do things.

Comment

That is amazing!

Originally posted by flyboyx View Post
                    Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.!

Comment

Oh wow. They look great. ;-)

BTW I am curious. What type of rotors came with your previous kit? Light or Heavy duty discs? Straight or directional vanes?

massivebrakes.com

Comment

Originally posted by Massive Lee View Post
                        Oh wow. They look great. ;-)

BTW I am curious. What type of rotors came with your previous kit? Light or Heavy duty discs? Straight or directional vanes?
                        By the casting marks, they look like Wilwood straight vane rotors. They have HC stamped, probably the $30 a piece rotors.

Fine for the street, could use a little more for the track.
                        I do things.

Comment

After about 150 miles, the brakes started doing the same thing.

Hard pedal, pull to the left.
                          Then regular hard pedal (but softer) and all brakes engaging.

Booster, Master cylinder, all new.

I felt some pulsing in the pedal, so I pulled the ABS relays, and took it out, back to normal.

I'll re-bleed them to begin with, but I'm really at a loss here. I checked all the lines, blasted them out with cleaner, and air during the rebuild. Rear junction is new, all brake lines cleaned and blown out.

I do things.

Comment

Did you pressure bleed? Could one wheel bearing be loose? If so, caliper pistons are pushed back a bit by the loose rotor and that corner would require more fluid until it clamps the rotor, while on the other side it is instantaneous...

massivebrakes.com

Comment

I did use a power bleeder, Motive, a genuine time saver.

I replaced both front hubs, and when I installed, I checked them for being out if round, they're both good. If one was out of round, it would do it consistently.
                              I do things.

Comment

Got an alignment yesterday.

I do things.

Comment

Working...
                                X