No announcement yet.

Coast to Coast, an e30 American adventure

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You’re not there at the right time but I played in this brass band for a couple of summers. Too bad you’ll miss it.

When you reach Four Corners, you will be captivated by its engaging landscapes and enduring people. In this vast, wild region, roots go very deep and the Native people you meet have lived here for millenia., moving as needed, adapting to climate and social changes while redefining themselves and their communities. The region is famous for its art and traditional products, and you will make discovery after discovery as you explore the website.
    My son has the 1987 325e, 2 door, 5speed
    I daily the 1989 325i, 4 door, 5speed

Comment

Originally posted by benwalsh91 View Post
      Thank you for this suggestion!! i have actually changed my route because of this but slightly different to how you done it...

we have a hotel in Colorado springs so when we leave that to go south to Albuquerque we are going to initially head west to Montrose where we are going to jump on the 550 to Ouray and Durango and follow the 550 all the way along, i have actually heard of this road previously, am i correct in saying some people call it the Million Dollar Highway? We are basically on the 550 all the way from Ouray to Albuquerque believe its going to be almost an 11 hour drive! but looks amazing!

Awesome! That sounds very similar to the way we went. It's all a very scenic drive but especially between Montrose and Durango. Lots of elevation, switchbacks, a few waterfalls. Here's an example of one lookout we stopped at.

Last edited by jtheilbrun; 07-30-2018, 01:57 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by jtheilbrun View Post
        Awesome! That sounds very similar to the way we went. It's all a very scenic drive but especially between Montrose and Durango. Lots of elevation, switchbacks, a few waterfalls. Here's an example of one lookout we stopped at.
        man that looks stunning!!

what time of year did you do that in?

I drove my e30 from California to London!

Comment

man that looks stunning!!

what time of year did you do that in?

That was in August, September/October should be even better

Comment

Definitely going to follow along with this.

If you need anything when you're near Baltimore, hit me up.
            1987 325i cirrusblau "Beatrix" Let Me Tell You About My e30
            1990 Golf etwas rot "Rosalie" SCRAP
            1991 Golf etwas silber "Silvia"

Originally posted by jeffnhiscars
            ...and you guys are way too into "mast lube & polishing" :)

Comment

3 weeks till we leave England!!!

and i am getting excited and nervous all at the same time.

My friend Chris sent some seat belt buckles as the ones that was on the seats had facelift and the car is a pre-facelift so had pre-facelift belts. for those none-the-wiser (like me a few weeks ago) the facelift belt buckles wont fit pre-facelift belts. but pre-facelift belt buckles fit facelift and pre-facelift belts. I dont know i am confused now just by writing that. but short story is we have working seat belts!!!

Untitled by ben walsh, on Flickr

FUCK YEAH!!

also, Steve gave the car a much needed clean as it was disgusting!

damn i forgot how high your e30's are as standard. shittttt

gave the interior a good clean whilst the seats were out to fit the buckles too. I am super glad he gave the interior a good clean, this is actually the first thing i do when i buy a new car is to get all the previous owners grime out the inside of the car, i don't understand how disgusting some people can leave there cars on the inside!

and some next to his e36 Dinan M3. I am bringing him some UK bits over for his 36.

also, need to fit the e30 IS front lip when i get there.

I do have 2x new front "fenders" in white but they are currently situated down at Chris's place near LA so wont be getting them till week 3 of the trip.

Comment

Originally posted by jtheilbrun View Post
                That was in August, September/October should be even better
                Thanks man! i will certainly get some photos when we get there :)

Originally posted by alkkamai View Post
                Definitely going to follow along with this.

If you need anything when you're near Baltimore, hit me up.
                thank you, we actually booked a hotel last night in Baltimore to stop off when we are between Washington D.C and Pennsylvania.

Comment

If you stop in Louisiana you have to get food from some small Mom and Pop shop, way better than the food in New Orleans! Hit me up when you do, I'm not that far from your route.
                  Continuous For Sale Thread
                  323i s50

Comment

Originally posted by Court M3 View Post
                    If you stop in Louisiana you have to get food from some small Mom and Pop shop, way better than the food in New Orleans! Hit me up when you do, I'm not that far from your route.
                    Where in Louisiana are you? We couldn't really find anywhere to nice in our budget in New Orleans so we are staying outside in Houma.

Comment

I have a spare glovebox, you can have it... its not the best but its 100x better than what you have
                      Simon
                      Current Cars:
                      -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post
                        I have a spare glovebox, you can have it... its not the best but its 100x better than what you have
                        Man are you sure!?

That would be totally amazing if i can. Thank you.

Comment

Man are you sure!?

That would be totally amazing if i can. Thank you.
                          Yup, I had forgotten that I had it, but its here for you
                          Simon
                          Current Cars:
                          -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Maaan, nice cassette holder! You looking to keep it? :D

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk
                            1987 325i cirrusblau "Beatrix" Let Me Tell You About My e30
                            1990 Golf etwas rot "Rosalie" SCRAP
                            1991 Golf etwas silber "Silvia"

Originally posted by jeffnhiscars
                            ...and you guys are way too into "mast lube & polishing" :)

Comment

[QUOTE=benwalsh91;4908804] Joshua Tree is on the hit list whilst we are going from Palm Springs to vegas we plan on stopping off and spending some time there!!

Good choice. I live in the Palm Springs area and have made that run many times. In fact, the fastest I ever drove my previous e30 was on that route. Beautiful, smooth, dry, generally empty two-lane roads with long sight-lines before you hook up with the I-15. Not a whole lot of places for gas and water between Twenty-Nine Palms and Vegas, though, so plan accordingly.

Sounds like you and the missus are in line for a great adventure. Safe travels!
                              Last edited by ainadude; 08-13-2018, 02:46 PM.
                              ainadude
                              Indian Wells, CA

sigpic

1991 325i 2dr. 5sp, delphin, w/freshly re-skinned IS sport seats/15" Ronal cross-spokes

1976 Triumph Spitfire w/1.8-liter Miata engine/transmission, koa dash with TR6 oil/volt gauges, lowered suspension, 14" Minilite replicas and more

2004 Kawasaki ZZR600

Comment

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post
                                Yup, I had forgotten that I had it, but its here for you
                                I really appreciate that!! Thank you :)

Originally posted by alkkamai View Post
                                Maaan, nice cassette holder! You looking to keep it? :D
                                haha i really hadn't thought much about it to be honest!!

Originally posted by ainadude View Post
                                Good choice. I live in the Palm Springs area and have made that run many times. In fact, the fastest I ever drove my previous e30 was on that route. Beautiful, smooth, dry, generally empty two-lane roads with long sight-lines before you hook up with the I-15. Not a whole lot of places for gas and water between Twenty-Nine Palms and Vegas, though, so plan accordingly.

Sounds like you and the missus are in line for a great adventure. Safe travels!
                                thank you i will keep that in mind, the Mrs doesnt like spirited driving and i really dont want any hassle from the cops so i will keep the speeds sensible plus i dont want to beat on the car to much.

and i have been concerned about gas stops out that way as i've heard there are not that many places to stop and get gas so the plan was to fill the car up before we leave palm springs and i plan on having a jerry can in the back of some sort with some gas incase we run super low. i also have the AAA platnum package now so if we do run out of gas or get into a spot of bother they should have my back, i hope!

Comment

Working...
                                X