Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Side indicators on early euro bumpers?

Hi all,

A while ago I purchased some early euro bumpers that admittedly need some work. As I've been buying replacement parts over time, I realized that the corner sections on the front bumper have indicators on them similar to late model cars or early US cars. The side trim has cutouts for the indicators and everything. After about half an hour of searching google images, I have not found a single pic of a bumper with this 'feature'. Anyone have any thoughts or insight? I'm guessing that it was probably a requirement for some eastern European country or maybe it was some sort of option, but I'm stumped. I can upload pics and see if I can pull a part number tomorrow when I'm home. Thanks.
    1990 Gletscherblau 325iC
    2000 Schwarz II 740iL
    1985 Delphin 325e 24V (parted out)

Your bumpers are from a euro car that got federalized for the US market. America requires side markers, so some importers installed them into the bumper trim rather than drill holes in the fenders.
    Byron
    Leichtbau

Comment

Can you just replace the trim with a Euro piece to cover up the hole? My plastic-bumper Touring came with one piece of USA trim on the front bumper. New euro trim piece and ugly hole gone.

Cory
      1992 325i Cabrio
      1988 320i Touring
      2000 M5
      1977 530i
      2015 328i - Euro Delivery/Performance Center Delivery
      BMWCCA
      E30CCA

Comment

Working...
      X