No announcement yet.

Mission to the Cosmos

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Congrats on the new E30. I love early models when done up with all the euro pieces (BUMPERS). Sounds like you've got some big plans for this one! Enjoy it. Happy 3/25 day
    1988 325 Lachs Sedan SOLD

1989 325i Bronzit Beige 2 Door
    SOLD

2018 Volkswagen Alltrack SE DSG
    Past:1988 325iS Lachs 5 Speed

Comment

Nice. Very Nice!!!

Love stories like these. So, what were you using for a daily just before getting this one?
      1990 325i
      2004 330i Individual 6-speed
      sigpic

Comment

Put her in a cover or garage her! I don’t want that paint getting worse.

Comment

Rather than quote everyone, I will just say Thanks to all...

to several who asked, euro bumpers will be down the road, and perfectly straight and aligned fogs will also stay until they come off for the euro bumps ;)

@IceWhite I daily drive my E30s and have my old Datsun for vintage racing. I demand a lot from these cars and they usually respond well.

@Jokester It will be partially in the garage and partially street parked, so anything that can protect the good paint thats left would be great. Im also using my sunvisor regularly because the dash only has one small crack and Id like it to stay that way as long as possible. It will likely need some paint work down the road, but its nowhere near as annoying to me as the Cirrusly Blue car was.
          Simon
          Current Cars:
          -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

^But, aren't you still busy working on the Datsun?
            1990 325i
            2004 330i Individual 6-speed
            sigpic

Comment

Fantastic save! Excited to see the tranny swap. I was warned off it by a garage here on a really clean "is." Of course I regret it.

Comment

Much better car than the Cirrus! :up:

Come pick up that M52 crank for your 2.8. :)

-NICK

Comment

Sub'd, obviously.
                  Originally posted by kronus
                  would be in depending on tip slant and tube size

Comment

Very nice! I have a minty fresh automatic shifter cover if you want...
                    sigpic

Comment

Was wondering why the other thread kinda fizzled. :/
                      john@m20guru.com
                      Links:
                      Transaction feedback: Here, here and here. Thanks :D

Comment

Looks very clean, nice pickup. Glad to see that even the admins get excited about a clean, auto, '86 ETA

I guess I missed it, but what happened the last time you did a timing belt??
                        '86 325e Zinnoberrot /// '02 325ci Schwarz II /// '18 M4 Azurite Black Metallic ///

Albie325 Build Thread | Albie325 COTM Jan 2021

Comment

@IceWhite The Datsun is still very much the project. The E30 isnt supposed to be a project, its supposed to be the driver.

@e30RS The tranny swap isnt something Id want to pay a shop to do. Friends with tools and space that you can bribe is the only way...

@Balleristic31 Bring the crank to the GTG Friday :up:

The Cirrus car is still a great car, but for someone who doesnt want to paint it and build a 2.8... and those are both things I wanted (and still want) to do. The ways thing played out were going to make it a big uphill climb to get that car where I wanted it. Pretty sure new owner is a happy camper with the car as-is. Maybe he will update the thread. Hopefully he wont V8 swap it like he did his other E30 lol

I have a LOT going on this week, but if I get off my ass I will have a nice update, hopefully by the end of the week. No it wont be 5speed swapped nor will the 2.8L M20 be in the car by then... auto-eta hopefully for a while. Id like to put some miles on a timing belt for once...

edit: Just had a weird realization that I will keep to myself, dont want to jinx it.
                          Simon
                          Current Cars:

Comment

Agreed on a shop for the swap. I was quoted $2500 in parts and more than that for labor.

Comment

Well... busy week but I wasn’t able to accomplish the goal. Just not enough time in the day to do everything in time.

However, it should definitely happen this coming week. I had also purchased some new tires for the SSRs. Went with Dunlop DZ102 in 205/50/16 because with the eta and even the eventual 2.8L M20 I won’t quite need as much tire for this go-round.

Took it to JMP for the tire install, 4x4 status and all...

Took it home and installed my Motorsport Hardware wheel studs. They were supposed to be there before the tire install but they were waiting when I got home. Great parts and great service. Highly recommended

Not being a fan of the 4x4 status and having some fresh suspension bits waiting at home meant if I could’ve had enough spare time I’d get the suspension installed...

Original rear shocks next to the Koni’s with AKG rear shock mounts

Installed

sadly I was only about to install the rear by the weekend and our end of the month gtg

Next update should be with the front done and all 4 corners adjusted
                              Simon
                              Current Cars:

Comment

I'm liking the SSRs. I was looking at them before I decided on the Equips. Are they hubcentric or do you use hub rings?
                                1987 325 Turbo

Comment

Working...
                                X