Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Stamping my vehicle logbook for each out of state road trip.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stamping my vehicle logbook for each out of state road trip.

So I’ve been wanting to keep a complimentary log book to the records I already keep on my cars (parts receipts, maintenance dates and mileages, etc) for things like keeping track of how many states I’ve driven it to and the mileage of long road trips (for looking back on). Like a sort of vehicle passport. Anyways, the part I’m struggling with is what to stamp the pages with for each state. I’ve thought about maybe a post office, but didn’t know if they would raise an eyebrow at postmarking a logbook. Maybe there’s a better alternative? I don’t want to use stickers and I’d like to not buy a rubber stamp or have one made every time; I don’t think it’s worth that much to me. Basically it would just be an extra stop on road trips to help remember where all the miles went.

Any ideas on who would have a city/state specific stamp in most every city/state that wouldn’t mind stamping my book? Anyone else ever done something similar?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This sounds cute. Try Etsy.
    ACS S3 Build / Dinan 5 E34

Comment

Not sure who would have a state stamp other then state officials. But maybe a photo album? Since most keep pictures on a electronic device of some sort. A photo album would be nostalgic and you could hold it in your hand and thumb through. But pull over and take a picture of your e30 in front of the state welcoming sign and maybe landmarks or attractions?

1992 BMW 325iC
      1978 Chevrolet Monte Carlo
      1965 Chevrolet Corvair Monza 140hp

Comment

A lot of the national parks and visitor centers will stamp a passbook.

Comment

Originally posted by TimeMachinE30 View Post
          :giggle:
          If it's got tits or tires, it's gonna cost ya!

Comment

Originally posted by TimeMachinE30 View Post
            omg. +1111.

For real though. I've been to Mexico probably 12+ times, and Canada more than I can remember. I only have two stamps in my passport (both Mexico, because I was flying in).

States don't have the same thing. Maybe try to get a parking or speeding ticket in every state? lol. :)
            Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

My grandma collected teaspoons with Lil pictures on em

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
              X