Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

E30 - Been in storage for 13 years, took overs off...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

E30 - Been in storage for 13 years, took overs off...

I just took the covers off as I moved house and had to put this on a trailer to move it. Oz delivered 1984 323i. The bottom end started ticking in 2006 so I parked it up, planning an extensive balanced and blueprinted engine rebuild. It's been in storage all this time. This year I will finally be rebuilding the engine like I always wanted to.

13 years? How the hell did I get sidetracked that long...

These pics are from 2005. The paint and interior were done by the previous owner. I changed the rear taillights and badges, but did nothing else so far. Simmons FR17 wheels.

lol this has cocaine written all over it. Into it
    1984 Delphin 318i 2 door

Comment

I’m really digging it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      90 Bronzit 325is
      16 Black Sapphire 340i M Sport

Comment

The only thing I am not too keen on is the color matched front grills. I will be changing them back to black soon.

Comment

would look so much better with gold tail lights!
          ;D
          If it's got tits or tires, it's gonna cost ya!

Comment

Yeah black grills might be nice, although nothing else on the car is black so it might stand out like a sore thumb
            1984 Delphin 318i 2 door

Comment

Black grille and side/ bumper molding would be perfect and perhaps all red tails.
              Simon
              Current Cars:
              -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

That’s a lot of Bronzit
                My son has the 1987 325e, 2 door, 5speed
                I daily the 1989 325i, 4 door, 5speed

Comment

Black door handles please.. It’s not a Civic.
                  Keep us posted!

CAPP :-)

Comment

Its not obvious from still pictures, but when all plastics are painted an advantage the pre-facelift E30 has is the chrome trim on the bumpers and door lines accentuates the look in a pleasing fashion with sun or streetlight glinting off it.

Whereas doing the same on the series 2 E30 makes it all paintwork and nothing else.

The chrome is not noticeable on the pics I took years ago, but quite noticeable in real life.
                    Last edited by agisthos; 04-17-2019, 12:54 PM.

Comment

I can see what you're saying there - it does have some contrast vs a series 2 (which do tend to look awful with everything colour coded).

Might be a bit fo a radical idea, but how about chrome door handles to increase the highlights / match the bumper tops? Maybe even a chrome grille?

If you blacked out the grille with chrome door handles, it would look more like an e12:

Nice car overall, looks super clean.
                      My e30: OEM+ with M30B35

Comment

Dang, that’s purty
                        My son has the 1987 325e, 2 door, 5speed
                        I daily the 1989 325i, 4 door, 5speed

Comment

Originally posted by lukeADE335i View Post
                          I can see what you're saying there - it does have some contrast vs a series 2 (which do tend to look awful with everything colour coded).

Might be a bit fo a radical idea, but how about chrome door handles to increase the highlights / match the bumper tops? Maybe even a chrome grille?

If you blacked out the grille with chrome door handles, it would look more like an e12:

Nice car overall, looks super clean.
                          Yes that's right. Like the E12 you posted has the a chrome strip insert around the front window rubber for even more bling. Some are into the chrome and some are not. Its an older school look. Lol the E30 is now old anyway...

Comment

monochromatic e30

Comment

Looks very much a product of 2006!

Very nice car either way, are those symons wheels? be worth a pretty penny these days.

Comment

Working...
                              X