No announcement yet.

The OFFICIAL 2015 Formula 1 Thread!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You mean outing like saying they're too fast? I mean...they kinda are. It's really impressive, but not fun to watch. It's not even exciting domination like it was the first time Mercedes did this because you can't watch the drivers drive anymore:

Interested in vintage cars? Ever thought about racing one? Info, photos, videos, and more can be found at www.michaelsvintageracing.com!

Elva Courier build thread here!

Comment

Originally posted by ELVA164 View Post
      You mean outing like saying they're too fast? I mean...they kinda are. It's really impressive, but not fun to watch. It's not even exciting domination like it was the first time Mercedes did this because you can't watch the drivers drive anymore:

Bernie explained by why Mercedes is so fast, they were there when the engine rules were being written, therefore had a headstart over the Renault and Ferrari. I can't seem to find the article now (ironically enough)
      Originally posted by flyboyx
      how about if i yank the anal beads out of your ass like i'm trying to pull start a chain saw?
      Originally posted by Northern
      beer is my new liver cleanse.

Henna - '84 Hennarot 325e
      Lola - '89 Schwarz 325is - being saved
      Christine - '88 Schwarz 325is - Spec E30 Racecar
      '01 White F150 Lariat 4x4 Supercrew - Daily
      Dad's '05 Interlagosblau M3

Comment

As far as Malaysia, I'm hoping there's a decent battle between Vettel and Bottas.[/QUOTE]

Vettel won by strategy over Massa in Melbourne, but I believe Williams told Massa not to risk it because he was solo in the field. Now with both cars on track, I think Bottas will come bck strong, and yeah, will give vettel some work to do awhile Massa will be pushing too. Now Sauber is showing their fangs too.
        sigpic

Comment

Should suit ferrari as they have better straight line speed this year. Would like to see Kimi or botas give s.v. a run.

Comment

You said it, it did suite Ferrari. But I thought that Mercedes strategy was a bit off. Lewis said on the radio, why did you give me the hard tyres? its the wrong tyres! He was pissed, then later had to maintain composure on the podium, was really hard for him, and Nico looked super uncomfortable on stage.
            sigpic

Comment

Yeah Ferrari won that race on strategy. The SC was to early to make a pit stop on and thus Merc spent 24sec more overall than Ferrari in pit lane. No doubt the Ferrari was as fast as the Mercs but the botched strategy alowed them to win it. SV spent the whole of the day out front not really having to contend with traffic whilst the Mercs were continualy playing catchup and pushing...... which was nice to see a team actually pushing the entire time.

What a drive by Kimi though. Begining to think he is cursed. He needs to up his game immediatley or that car will continue to develop into SV liking and Kimi will just have to cope and limp around with it.

Comment

Originally posted by woc View Post
                Lewis said on the radio, why did you give me the hard tyres? its the wrong tyres! He was pissed, then later had to maintain composure on the podium, was really hard for him, and Nico looked super uncomfortable on stage.
                Hamilton seems to have got a bit too used to Mercedes 1.5 second a lap advantage over the field. He didn't get mediums because he had no fresh ones left after quali & they were only lasting 3 laps on the Mercedes before going off.

Mercedes admitted later that Ferrari likely would have beaten them regardless of the early pit.

Anyway - good to see Vettel make the season interesting, and Kimi back in form too.
                My e30: OEM+ with M30B35

Comment

Nico called vettels win on what, lap 10? Crazy to think that the merc boys were talking about the threat in red from the first test, and how quickly that threat materialized?

"He's only 3 points behind me, really?" Haha!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                  My E30 v1.0 | v2.0 | v3.0 | My E28 |My E34 | My feedback

Comment

Anyone anticipating China? Practice looked good for Ferrari. I'm hopeful we can bring the fight again this race.
                    sigpic

Comment

The OFFICIAL 2015 Formula 1 Thread!

Originally posted by Radio_Flyer View Post
                      Anyone anticipating China? Practice looked good for Ferrari. I'm hopeful we can bring the fight again this race.

I think if the rest of the field can keep pressure on Mercedes, they will be successful. The Mercedes pitwall doesn't do very well under pressure, and really neither do the drivers. Almost every time Mercedes and their drivers have come under fire from other teams, they crumble, as was evident in Malaysia. Mercedes gets into a pressure situation and starts making stupid mistakes, like forgetting to turn off the chat to the driver when talking about bringing him in again to the other strategists.

Am I the only one who's worried about how twitchy the Williams is under braking? Turn 14 seemed like a code brown a couple of times, including when Massa crashed.
                      Originally posted by flyboyx
                      how about if i yank the anal beads out of your ass like i'm trying to pull start a chain saw?
                      Originally posted by Northern
                      beer is my new liver cleanse.

Henna - '84 Hennarot 325e
                      Lola - '89 Schwarz 325is - being saved
                      Christine - '88 Schwarz 325is - Spec E30 Racecar
                      '01 White F150 Lariat 4x4 Supercrew - Daily
                      Dad's '05 Interlagosblau M3

Comment

I agree with you, Mercedes hasn't done very well under pressure. They keep making small mistakes, which end up being big ones.

I think the Williams will be fine, just a bit of a pucker factor there lol
                        sigpic

Comment

As a Vettel fanboy, I'm liking this season a lot more than last. Partially because my guy is doing well so far, and partially because it doesn't seem like one team will dominate so badly.

Yes I was fine with it when RBR won everything a few years ago, before I get called out on it.
                          For all things 24v, check out Markert Motorworks!
                          Originally posted by mbonanni
                          I hate modded emtree, I hate modded cawrz, I hate jdm, I hate swag, I hate stanceyolokids, I hate bags (on cars), I hate stuff that is slowz, I hate tires.

I am a pursit now.

Comment

Originally posted by Roysneon View Post
                            As a Vettel fanboy, I'm liking this season a lot more than last. Partially because my guy is doing well so far, and partially because it doesn't seem like one team will dominate so badly.

Yes I was fine with it when RBR won everything a few years ago, before I get called out on it.
                            Same, but I started to get bored with it, the same way I got bored with the WRC and Sebastian Loeb winning EVERY SINGLE STAGE and rally. It got to be I was just watching the rest of the field.

Comment

RBR never had the dominance Mercedes had last year and in reality thus far, bar strategy errors. Maybe in 2011. The second half of 2013 doesn't really count, as it seemed every other team bar RBR gave up on developing their car further & had switched all development to addressing the 2014 regs.
                              My e30: OEM+ with M30B35

Comment

I'm going to throw a crazy topic starter out here. With all of the recent cries from teams to wrangle in the Mercedes power, and the odd showing and radio transmissions from last race..

Anyone think that maybe Mercedes was sandbagging a bit to help take the spot light off of them? :eeek:

Comment

Working...
                                X