Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Forget "Climate Change", let's talk about Solar Cycle 25.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Forget "Climate Change", let's talk about Solar Cycle 25.

Did I miss it or did they fail to mention how this will effect the temperature on earth?....
    Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

"I cannot undertake to lay my finger on that article of the Constitution which granted a right to Congress of expending, on objects of benevolence, the money of their constituents. Charity is no part of the legislative duty of the [federal] government." ~ James Madison

‎"If you've got a business, you didn't build that. Somebody else made that happen" Barack Obama

Comment

Originally posted by joshh View Post
      Did I miss it or did they fail to mention how this will effect the temperature on earth?....
      It does...

The figures suggest that we could even be heading for a mini ice age to rival the 70-year temperature drop that saw frost fairs held on the Thames in the 17th Century. Based on readings from more than 30,000 measuring stations, the data was issued last week without fanfare by the Met Office and the University of East Anglia Climatic Research Unit. It confirms that the rising trend in world temperatures ended in 1997.
      The links are old, but still a trend we are seeing in the sun. Be interesting to have another Maunder Minimum.

After the post in the GW thread, I dug up some more recent articles. In the Mini Ice Age, there were a couple complete years without any sunspots. Check out sunspot reports extending back to the 1600's. Currently we are going a day or so without any.
      john@m20guru.com
      Links:
      Transaction feedback: Here, here and here. Thanks :D

Comment

Huh. who would have thought that the million degree ball of fire that in our cosmic living room, might be what controls the temputure on this rock.
        Originally posted by Fusion
        If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
        The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
        William Pitt-

Comment

Remember, in the 70s, America was being fed the story of an ice age coming.

But now we are warming we are told.

I do know this: we are told there was an ice age and since then it has gotten warmer.

Everyone, be in fear. Let the government solve your woes.
          ACS S3 Build / Dinan 5 E34

Comment

Thats why it suddenly was swapped out to climate change that way all bases were covered.....
            If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
            The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
            William Pitt-

Comment

Originally posted by ForcedFirebird View Post
              It does...

The links are old, but still a trend we are seeing in the sun. Be interesting to have another Maunder Minimum.

After the post in the GW thread, I dug up some more recent articles. In the Mini Ice Age, there were a couple complete years without any sunspots. Check out sunspot reports extending back to the 1600's. Currently we are going a day or so without any.
              I was kind of joking. It was very clear that they think we're headed for an ice age.

Of course the AGW folks will still be saying it's caused by Co2.
              Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

"I cannot undertake to lay my finger on that article of the Constitution which granted a right to Congress of expending, on objects of benevolence, the money of their constituents. Charity is no part of the legislative duty of the [federal] government." ~ James Madison

‎"If you've got a business, you didn't build that. Somebody else made that happen" Barack Obama

Comment

Originally posted by mrsleeve View Post
                Huh. who would have thought that the million degree ball of fire that in our cosmic living room, might be what controls the temputure on this rock.
                Um, literally everyone with any knowledge of the process? The sun provides the energy, the atmosphere is what gives that energy a medium to coalesce and warm. This argument that no one considered the sun is tiresome one, and you know very well it's simply not true.

Comment

Originally posted by cale View Post
                  Um, literally everyone with any knowledge of the process? The sun provides the energy, the atmosphere is what gives that energy a medium to coalesce and warm. This argument that no one considered the sun is tiresome one, and you know very well it's simply not true.
                  he's being facetious

funny how he's still got time for counteless dumb posts but can't answer the basic question i asked of him in the main GW thread

Comment

phone posts from brief minuets of respite while working and trying to save a job from someone elses fuck ups, short little posts is all that is allowed for right now. I will get back to ya in due time.

Also cale solar outputs are anything but stable historically........

William Pitt-

Comment

I'm sorry but as soon as I saw the first post referencing a Daily Mail article I lost all creditability for whatever argument it was trying to make. Anything published by those hacks isn't worth the time to read or even clicking the link.
                      Steve • Toronto
                      1991 318is • Brillantrot
                      Build Thread

Comment

Originally posted by Powling View Post
                        I'm sorry but as soon as I saw the first post referencing a Daily Mail article I lost all creditability for whatever argument it was trying to make. Anything published by those hacks isn't worth the time to read or even clicking the link.
                        applies to all of OPs posts

Comment

Originally posted by Powling View Post
                          It is real, and is happening, though (found dedicated sites like sunspotwatch.com). I have been taking a liking to astronomy as of late, so instantly checked the facts the other day after reading that.

Reliable sources...

Newsweek:
                          The sun just produced its biggest solar flare for 12 years—despite supposedly being in one of its quietest phases.

Solar Science:
                          Sun,solar physics,sunspots,solar flares,flares, sunspot cycle,photosphere,chromosphere,corona,NASA
                          john@m20guru.com
                          Links:

Comment

Another with hourly updates and sunspot tracking...

john@m20guru.com
                            Links:

Comment

Working...
                            X