325ix Front Wheel Bearing Replace Guide

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

325ix Front Wheel Bearing Replace Guide

Some guy on fb screwed up an install and shortly later I needed to do a wheel bearing so wrote up a guide. Hopefully it's helpful. C&C are always appreciated.

Discover the magic of the internet at Imgur, a community powered entertainment destination. Lift your spirits with funny jokes, trending memes, entertaining gifs, inspiring stories, viral videos, and so much more from users like kershaw.
    AWD > RWD

Perfect timing! I need to do mine and have been looking for a guide for the IX.
    (OO=[][]=OO)

Instagram: @e30_tac

https://www.instagram.com/e30_tac/

Comment

PRetty good, only thing I am not sure I agree on is removal of the race, but I am not sure the best method to remove it either. You can easily damage the hub if you are not careful.
      318iS Track Rat :nice: www.drive4corners.com
      '86 325iX 3.1 Stroker Turbo '86 S38B36 325

No one makes this car anymore. The government won't allow them, normal people won't buy them. So it's up to us: the freaks, the weirdos, the informed. To buy them, to appreciate them, and most importantly, to drive them.

Comment

That's what my friend (professional mechanic) taught me to do years ago and my neighbor (also professional mechanic) never mentioned anything when I did this method in front of him. Not that that means anything. I asked my friend, "wouldn't that hurt the hub?" and he said, "nah, won't make a bit of difference." And it hasn't. I have also definitely cut the hub far worse than that removal.

That said, I did some quick googling and this method seems pretty solid. I'll probably give it a shot next time I need to do this. https://youtu.be/qLNgc7BwCMs
        AWD > RWD

Comment

Nice write up! I’ve removed the bearing race that way many times as well without issue, probably at least 15 or more times on several vehicles. I’ve nicked the hub a few times but it had no effect on anything. That YouTube video looks like a great alternative though, I’ll have to use that method in the future. Good find!

Comment

Working...
          X