Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Time to stop contributing to your own retirment?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Time to stop contributing to your own retirment?

We are the Service Employees International Union (SEIU), a union of about 2 million diverse members in healthcare, the public sector and property services who believe in and fight for our Vision for a Just Society: where all workers are valued and all people respected—no matter where we come from or what color we are; where all families and communities can thrive; and where we leave a better and more equitable world for generations to come.

"The Retirement USA principles will be used by SEIU and its partner organizations in this initiative as a framework for evaluating how well proposals would fulfill the goals of universal coverage, and secure and adequate income. The principals would include concepts such as:
    • Pooled assets that are professionally managed;
    • Shared responsibility among employers, employees and the government;
    • Payouts only at retirement;
    • Benefits that could move with you even if you change jobs"

1. Any fund you invest in are professionally managed.
    2. Yeah, why should I work hard to save more than the average person to enjoy a comfortable retirement instead of just getting by.
    3. Is that not already the case with individual retirment accounts? Not sure on Social Security? I'll admit I've not thorougly researched this.
    4. Last I knew you were allowed to rollover your 401k balances into IRAs, etc.
    Need parts now? Need them cheap? steve@blunttech.com
    Chief Sales Officer, Midwest Division—Blunt Tech Industries

www.gutenparts.com
    One stop shopping for NEW, USED and EURO PARTS!

Sounds like another attempt at suckering people in by offering to "help" them. Worked for Obama.

Comment

The govt has been after our IRA's 401k's and defined benefit pensions FOR A VERY VERY LONG TIME as a treasure box of funding for anything and everything.

I have had the intentions of retiring no latter than 60 and preferably 55, and have been preparing since I was 17 for that end. Thats not gonna happen, our generation is going to have to work till we are dead, or no longer able to do anything, then we will be deemed unfit and the 1st time we get sick or break a hip we will be put down like a old dog. (thank you O care)

Time to start saving everything in cash, and put it all in plastic bags in a 55gal drum buried in the back yard, dont for get to put you pay stubs in there with all that money or the govt can confiscate it and keep your life saving if you have no record where 1/2 a mill in cash came from.
      Last edited by mrsleeve; 03-26-2010, 01:26 PM.
      Originally posted by Fusion
      If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
      The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
      William Pitt-

Comment

I put in the paperwork today to pull all of my retirement funds...

Comment

Originally posted by mrsleeve View Post
          then we will be deemed unfit and the 1st time we get sick or break a hip we will be put down like a old dog. (thank you O care)
          Man you are so fucking hopeless. Insurance companies have always rationed health care, how is "Obamacare" any different?

Comment

Originally posted by LBJefferies View Post
            Man you are so fucking hopeless. Insurance companies have always rationed health care, how is "Obamacare" any different?

Give you $20.00 if you can actually answer this logically by yourself.
            Need a part? PM me.

Get your Bass on. Luke's r3v Boxes are here: http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=198123

Comment

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^6

Can I haz that 20 plz

when you are old and retired you are on medi care as it is now. And CARE WILL BE EVEN MORE RATIONED by the time we make it to that age. As they are cutting spending to the old and retired to pay for this fucking thing they just passed to the tune of 500B. So whats gonna happen to our parents and grandparents with out the funds in the that system to take care of them. Oh thats right it will drive premiums for the rest of us through the fucking roof to make up the shortfalls JUST LIKE IT HAS DONE TO THE CURRENT SYSTEM, and why shit has gone up in the recent past.

It will be here have some more morphine and shut up an die, its not worth the investment in time and resources to fix you to live for another few years when you dont have a job and contribute something useful to our Utopian Society

use some common sense when reading, so I dont have to connect all the dots for you.
              If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
              The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
              William Pitt-

Comment

Sit back people, Obama is going to take care of all of us!!
                Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

"I cannot undertake to lay my finger on that article of the Constitution which granted a right to Congress of expending, on objects of benevolence, the money of their constituents. Charity is no part of the legislative duty of the [federal] government." ~ James Madison

‎"If you've got a business, you didn't build that. Somebody else made that happen" Barack Obama

Comment

anytime you put a "cap" on something things are going to be rationed.

lets say you have a budget of 5k for s52 swap. when your towards that limit your gonna cut corners to stay under the budget.

i've been reading your posts about obamacare and you seem to be really misinformed and don't fully understand the implications of this bill. there is absolutely no way the hc reform is going to benefit the elderly and the average american. the way the economy is right now there are alot of healthy people that are cutting hc to put food on the table. but when you force these healthy people to pay for hc its going to put a financial strain on an already strained budget.
                  don't you think its a person's right to determine what they need? i do believe in hc reform but what happened this past week was not reform. it was two steps backwards.

Comment

It's like Christmas, like no more stress, just pay our co-pays, and everything is gonna be ok.

Comment

I guess they fil to understand that if you have a job YOU still have to pay the premium and BUY the coverage that you cant afford now.

Yes like Christmas in deed

William Pitt-

Comment

Originally posted by johnwoo View Post

anytime you put a "cap" on something things are going to be rationed.

lets say you have a budget of 5k for s52 swap. when your towards that limit your gonna cut corners to stay under the budget.

i've been reading your posts about obamacare and you seem to be really misinformed and don't fully understand the implications of this bill. there is absolutely no way the hc reform is going to benefit the elderly and the average american. the way the economy is right now there are alot of healthy people that are cutting hc to put food on the table. but when you force these healthy people to pay for hc its going to put a financial strain on an already strained budget.
                        don't you think its a person's right to determine what they need? i do believe in hc reform but what happened this past week was not reform. it was two steps backwards.
                        Hahahaha who's misinformed?!?!?! THIS BILL REMOVED THE CAP!

Comment

The cap for INSURANCE COMPANY PAYOUTS, idiot.

There IS a cap on what the Government will payout. Kind of a double fucking standard, don't you think, asshat?
                          Need a part? PM me.

Get your Bass on. Luke's r3v Boxes are here: http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=198123

Comment

Does anyone know how many pages final draft ended up being?

Comment

Like I said before, the insurance companies have always rationed care.

Comment

Working...
                              X