The OFFICIAL 2015 Formula 1 Thread!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The OFFICIAL 2015 Formula 1 Thread!

You can't mess with tradition. As is customary, when the new cars are unveiled, we create the new year's F1 thread. So here they are!

Ferrari SF15-T:

Sebastian Vettel / Kimi Raikkonen

McLaren Honda MP4-30:

Jenson Button / Fernando Alonso

More images and info to come as they become available! For now, here's the rest of the 2015 Manufacturers/Driver Teams:

Mercedes AMG:
    Lewis Hamilton/Nico Rosberg

Infiniti Red Bull:
    Daniel Ricciardo/Daniil Kvyat

Williams Martini:
    Valteri Bottas/Felipe Massa

Force India Mercedes:
    Nico Hulkenburg/Sergio Perez

Toro Rosso:
    Max Verstappen/Carlos Sainz Jr.

Lotus:
    Romain Grosjean/Pastor Maldonado

Sauber Ferrari:
    Marcus Ericsson/Felipe Nasr

Caterham:
    TBA/TBA
    Last edited by Jand3rson; 02-01-2015, 01:31 PM.

There are pictures of the Williams and Sauber in the other thread, want me to copy-paste?
    Interested in vintage cars? Ever thought about racing one? Info, photos, videos, and more can be found at www.michaelsvintageracing.com!

Elva Courier build thread here!

Comment

I'm excited
      Byron
      Leichtbau

Comment

Yes!

Comment

Anyone know what the story is on this livery on the Infiniti Red Bull car? Is that just for testing at Jerez?

Comment

They haven't officially released the car as far as I know, so they're probably trying to hide a thing or two.
            Interested in vintage cars? Ever thought about racing one? Info, photos, videos, and more can be found at www.michaelsvintageracing.com!

Comment

McLaren completed 6 laps, though they supposedly fixed the issue at hand. I like the Sauber livery. So nice to see some fresh colors.
              Originally posted by StereoInstaller1
              Do you feel like something is trying to penetrate your butthole?

Comment

Turns out it's just the testing livery. Which, as cool as it is, probably wouldn't look very good on track/at speed on TV.

Comment

Originally posted by E-Thirty View Post
                  McLaren completed 6 laps, though they supposedly fixed the issue at hand. I like the Sauber livery. So nice to see some fresh colors.
                  Now, if they could just get a BMW engine back in their car again...

Comment

Originally posted by Jand3rson View Post
                    Meh. I'm really excited to see what the Honda turbo can do. I think BMW learned its F1 lesson.

Comment

Turns out it's just the testing livery. Which, as cool as it is, probably wouldn't look very good on track/at speed on TV.

http://www.f1technical.net/news/19901
                      I think it would look pretty cool at speed, but I've also always loved their standard colors. As far as BMW, I wish another engine manufacturer would enter the fold. How cool would it be for every non-manufacturer team to have some exclusive relationship to power their cars. Seeing Ford power Haas and Toyota powering Force India or Lotus, but I'm just fantasizing...

Comment

I could see BMW making a return as an engine supplier, the whole reason they left was the tech was becoming less relative to their new efficient dynamics marketing ploy. If they go to a 1000hp engine in the future you may see BMW return.

Merc look set to dominate again on early testing. They are 1.5 sec clear of the field and apparently are waiting to update their engine until they find out their pace relative to the others. Unless Honda has a lot of power in hand it may be a short f1 season again.
                        Mercedes says that it will only decide on how to use its engine development tokens once Formula 1's pre-season testing is finished

Comment

Im very excited to see F1 this year. IMO the Lotus livery is the best looking car out in the field, and performance wise I think Mercedes will still dominate and we will see alternative teams as 2nd 3rd places this year, mainly because of engine development tokens.
                          sigpic

Comment

Not related to this season, but the important players are in talks about bringing back manly 1,000+hp engines!

Comment

Ferrari's vision of F1 if sweeping rule changes were done, but still realistic.

I can't argue with that. :p

Comment

Working...
                              X