No announcement yet.

PNW Chit Chat thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just do the 9v test to at least check that they aren't blown..

But they'd be decent open air subs.
    1991 325i MT2 Touring (JDM bro)
    2016 Ford Flex
    2011 Audi A3 - wife's other German car

Comment

Originally posted by djjerme View Post
      Just do the 9v test to at least check that they aren't blown..

But they'd be decent open air subs.

My stereo knowledge is limited, you're speaking jiberesh

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

..actually, it looks like they are not the same brand I was thinking of. This is a newer off brand it would appear - but seems like they are decent for a lower cost sub:

https://www.overstock.com/Electronic...2/product.html

The 9v test is a quick and dirty test were you just touch a 9v battery to the leads on the sub/speaker. It just energizes the coil and is a test to see if the cone and coil work..
        2016 Ford Flex

Comment

PNW Chit Chat thread

..actually, it looks like they are not the same brand I was thinking of. This is a newer off brand it would appear - but seems like they are decent for a lower cost sub:

https://www.overstock.com/Electronic...2/product.html

Looks like junk. I have two amps as well I should look into those.

I kind of want to have some fun, I used to have an 89 chevy celebrity Eurosport, I had 4 12's, 3 amps pushing 4000 combined watts, I busted the back window out of the car, I had like 600 into the car and system it was fun. Best car I ever owned.

13 years ago this was awesome jajajjajajajajajaja

Last edited by Pdxseth; 05-25-2017, 08:09 AM.

Comment

haha my neighbors hate my 6 18s at home on 7,500watts RMS lol it does make for good DJing practice :) the old rude lady "reported me" but nothing has happened - Ive been trying not to turn it up lately lol

Comment

Originally posted by 5Toes View Post
              haha my neighbors hate my 6 18s at home on 7,500watts RMS lol it does make for good DJing practice :)

Jesus Christ..... i live in an apartment I have a little 50$ Fred Meyer special blue tooth dealy bob, I can't even turn it up all the way without pissing off the neighbors.

Comment

...except for the fact it was a Chevy Celebrity. :)

I rocked a Chevy Lumina for a short while with the 2.8 or 3.1 (can't recall which one it hand at the moment.) POS kept frying injector harnesses. Tried every trick I could to make that thing sporty/fast.

In the end, I let Ron Tonkin repossess it.

Then I got f*@#$@ by their finance department because they couldn't resell the lemon they had sold me. It's why I don't buy cars from dealers and don't finance through them ever.
                2016 Ford Flex

Comment

...except for the fact it was a Chevy Celebrity. :)

I rocked a Chevy Lumina for a short while with the 2.8 or 3.1 (can't recall which one it hand at the moment.) POS kept frying injector harnesses. Tried every trick I could to make that thing sporty/fast.

In the end, I let Ron Tonkin repossess it.

Then I got f*@#$@ by their finance department because they couldn't resell the lemon they had sold me. It's why I don't buy cars from dealers and don't finance through them ever.

I bought my celebrity for 350$ my mom had a 64 impala with a truck full of stereo equipment, i couldn't fit all of it, I spent a bit of money on wiring, I put a flow master 40 series on the car, cold air intake and my coworker gave me a bunch of money for the car which paid for my first e30

Comment

I rocked a Chevy Lumina
                    The ONLY way to do that is jump up and down on the front bumper... really...
                    now, sometimes I just mess with people. It's more entertaining that way. george graves

Comment

Originally posted by TobyB View Post
                      The ONLY way to do that is jump up and down on the front bumper... really...

Who says I didn't? [emoji12]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                      2016 Ford Flex

Comment

anybody interested in a cheap autopower 4 pt weld in cage for an e21?

Comment

Safety third?

Cheap...cage? Haha!

Just kidding.

OTE=5Toes;4786174]anybody interested in a cheap autopower 4 pt weld in cage for an e21?[/QUOTE]
                          Last edited by M10Power; 05-25-2017, 09:49 PM. Reason: rudeness

Comment

If we are offering random stuff, I have a TD04 turbocharger laying around I'm never gonna use... Lol.
                            Hell, I'll trade you for a shitty sub and amp Seth. 😋
                            sigpic
                            Currently without an e30. Will probably die soon.

Comment

Originally posted by 5Toes View Post
                              haha my neighbors hate my 6 18s at home on 7,500watts RMS lol it does make for good DJing practice :) the old rude lady "reported me" but nothing has happened - Ive been trying not to turn it up lately lol
                              Dude.

a.) I don't believe you have 7k watts, but I could be wrong, maybe you've been pinching your pennies, and have some killer amps for your gigs.

b.) Learn to be a good neighbor. If you are bumping 6 18' woofers and someone told you to shut it down, you wouldn't just be getting "caught", you could be taken to court for the loss of enjoyment of their property - the laws regarding that are simple. They can sue you. Plus, it just makes you a shitty person. Not "Lol", or ":)" - just a crappy neighbor.
                              Originally posted by Matt-B
                              hey does anyone know anyone who gets upset and makes electronics?

Comment

pro-audio amplifiers are pretty gnarly George, and I do have some loud music issues, but I rarely ever turn it up that loud
                                Last edited by 5Toes; 05-26-2017, 07:29 AM. Reason: spelling

Comment

Working...
                                X