No announcement yet.

Love your C101!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

also I do not believe the wiring chart at the top is correct. No way pins 14 and 15 are empty.. all late E30s have a pin 14 and 15 (VSS and unloader relay). same for pins 8 and 9 - unless your 318is doesn't have a tachometer or an econometer.

I'd be willing to bet pin 20 is actually red, but the wire cover has just turned brown due to age - because brown is typically only for grounds, and pin 20 is definitely not a ground.
    Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

So i ave a question that might be C101 related.

I swapped my car over 2 years ago and everything works perfectly fine BUT the check panel. Is there maybe something that is not wired correctly or something i missed for this? the seatbelt light works that is right next to it but noting else.
      - S50 Swapped E30 1/1 Mineral White -
      @vaughnbannister on IG

Comment

Originally posted by 18rabbit View Post
        Ok, so when I went to wire my c101 connector to my e34 harness I ran into trouble because most user made diagrams did not match my wiring scheme. This thread got me through it though as OP had similar wire colors as me. I wanted to post my wire colors in hopes of helping someone else out:

Wire color on 'car' side of c101 for a 8/90 318is:

1 empty
        2 blue/yellow
        3 empty
        4 brown/violet
        5 black/brown
        6 green/yellow
        7 green
        8 empty
        9 empty
        10 violet/green
        11 white/blue
        12 brown/black
        13 violet/red
        14 empty
        15 empty
        16 white/black
        17 empty
        18 black/yellow
        19 empty
        20 brown

I know this post is old, but i am coming up with the same issue and it looks like this guy never got any response...I have a 1987 325is with the round c101, and my c101 wiring is exactly pretty close to as described above. I am trying to match up the wires to my m52b28 harness and this is throwing me off as mine doesn't match any of the diagrams I have seen. I definitely do not have anything in pin 15, and there are no black/green wires at all...Anyone have a solution?
        Last edited by haaken675; 11-18-2017, 02:49 PM.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by haaken675 View Post
            I definitely do not have anything in pin 15, and there are no black/green wires at all...Anyone have a solution?
            I had an issue where I replaced my starter with a 3 terminal unit. Prior to 8/87 E30s had 2 starter terminals, combining the unloading relays with the key start (combining 8mm and 10mm terminal to one). So 8mm terminal on the starter, which is usually for the unloader, can be left empty.

I think pin 15 can be safely eliminated in your circumstance. In my case I cut it out.

Comment

Originally posted by pazi88 View Post
              I appreciate the link. I have watched this before a while ago, and it's definitely helpful. My big question is what to do about the apparent lack of an unloader relay (black/green wire). I think I can simply ground out t3eh circuit to eliminate potentially?

Comment

Since you have an 87, your system is unloaded through pin 18 (ignition). You don't have to ground out anything.

Originally posted by whysimon
                WTF is hello Kitty (I'm 28 with no kids and I don't have cable)

Comment

Working...
                X