Melon's E30 Build.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Melon View Post
    Getting ready to take the E30 on her first trip to TN.

I'm beyond excited for this. Hitting the mountain roads us exactly what I built this car for, and after over a year of hard work, I'm finally going to put it through it's paces and drive it like it was always meant to be driven. Pics will definitely be posted.

Yeeehaw!!

Ezekiel 25:17
    Current flame: E30 318iS Alpinweiss II slicktop / LSD - Joanne
    The old man: 1970 2002 Polaris(ish) slicktop / rat rod - Wallace
    The ex: E92 335i 6MT M-Sport - Betty
    The heavy: 2001 4Runner SR5 Sport (3rd Gen) - Fred

Comment

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
      I do things.

Comment

very nice!

gonna have some videos?
        1990 325is
        m52b28
        3.73lsd
        g260 (1987 325is 5spd tranny)

Comment

Just got back, car u loaded, trailer returned to U-Haul.

So, I got a ticket, 60 in a 30, sucks but, glad I never got one while in my Corvette. Slow car fast, and slow car less of a ticket. Got a warning later at the same corner. That's what I get for not replacing the cigarette lighter socket and not running radar.

I left the parking brake on, set off and a bolt sheared, and everything bound and twisted in the rotor hat, ripped the cable, so that's gonna need fixin' Fortunately a guy I was with had tools with him and I was able to just gut that parking brake. The backing plate is fucked, so that will be a pain to replace.

Also, lost the washer fluid cap, fucker is somewhere on the Skyway, if you find it, let me know. Had to tape over the hole the rest of the trip.

But! All these things are minor, I railed on that car, and had an excellent time. It was a true joy to build a car with a trip like this, and roads like those in mind and be able to enjoy it. More pics to come!

I do things.

Comment

Melon's E30 Build.

Damn nice! Sorry to hear about the parking brake, at least you know it works like it should , just need to start over now :/

What does electric tape on headlight do? I figured that’s just to keep them intact if there cracked no?

Comment

Originally posted by Sonny View Post
              What does electric tape on headlight do? I figured that’s just to keep them intact if there cracked no?
              Just for the touring car look in photos.
              Hoping to make the Killboy highlights.
              I do things.

Comment

Originally posted by Melon View Post
                Just got back, car u loaded, trailer returned to U-Haul.

So, I got a ticket, 60 in a 30, sucks but, glad I never got one while in my Corvette. Slow car fast, and slow car less of a ticket. Got a warning later at the same corner. That's what I get for not replacing the cigarette lighter socket and not running radar.

I left the parking brake on, set off and a bolt sheared, and everything bound and twisted in the rotor hat, ripped the cable, so that's gonna need fixin' Fortunately a guy I was with had tools with him and I was able to just gut that parking brake. The backing plate is fucked, so that will be a pain to replace.

Also, lost the washer fluid cap, fucker is somewhere on the Skyway, if you find it, let me know. Had to tape over the hole the rest of the trip.

But! All these things are minor, I railed on that car, and had an excellent time. It was a true joy to build a car with a trip like this, and roads like those in mind and be able to enjoy it. More pics to come!

So awesome. That we could all be so lucky! The ticket just means the car has now been properly broken in :)

Ezekiel 25:17
                Current flame: E30 318iS Alpinweiss II slicktop / LSD - Joanne
                The old man: 1970 2002 Polaris(ish) slicktop / rat rod - Wallace
                The ex: E92 335i 6MT M-Sport - Betty
                The heavy: 2001 4Runner SR5 Sport (3rd Gen) - Fred

Comment

Not E30 related.

But, well, fuck me.
                  Rock hit it while I was weed eating.

I do things.

Comment

oh snap!
                    1990 325is
                    m52b28
                    3.73lsd

Comment

Safelite did it, $250.

I do things.

Comment

looking good!
                        1990 325is
                        m52b28
                        3.73lsd

Comment

I don't understand, that's not the same window, and who would not want a rear slider in a truck?

Comment

Originally posted by roguetoaster View Post
                            I don't understand, that's not the same window, and who would not want a rear slider in a truck?
                            I was thinking the same thing, maybe I missed something.
                            Euro Delivery Thread///E30 Project Klaus///COTM August 2021

Comment

Originally posted by Staszek View Post
                              I was thinking the same thing, maybe I missed something.
                              slider window is probably $$$$....he needs cash for his e30

A guy who does the auto glass for a leaving once told me that if one has to break a window in the car (locked keys etc), break the windshield....the cheapest glass in the average vehicle...or drivers side (not as cheap due to the need for the door reassembly). Some people think that small quarter panel windows are cheap.....wrong...

Comment

Honest question.

The slider is manual, not powered, and since it's a quad cab, I never fucking use it. It's just too far back to fling open when I want it.

Plus it was over $800 for the slider.
                                I do things.

Comment

Working...
                                X