Touring fender vs. USA fender

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Touring fender vs. USA fender

Just noticed that the front fenders for a Touring have different part numbers than the fenders for late model USA cars. Does anyone know if euro fenders are different? My Touring does not have side markers on the fenders.

Thanks, Cory
    1992 325i Cabrio
    1988 320i Touring
    2000 M5
    1977 530i
    2015 328i - Euro Delivery/Performance Center Delivery
    BMWCCA
    E30CCA

Not to my knowledge no, the only difference between the fenders are the verts vs. all else. I am actually trying to track down a drivers side fender for my touring :)

If you want some further reading on the touring vs all go through e30zone: http://www.e30zone.net/e30zonewiki/i...hp/Front_Wings

Essentially everything front doors and forward is swapable.
    -90 318i Touring
    -91 325iX
    -01 S2000

Comment

Originally posted by Nanerz View Post
      Not to my knowledge no, the only difference between the fenders are the verts vs. all else. I am actually trying to track down a drivers side fender for my touring :)

If you want some further reading on the touring vs all go through e30zone: http://www.e30zone.net/e30zonewiki/i...hp/Front_Wings

Essentially everything front doors and forward is swapable.

Wow! Great info. Thank you. I need to remember e30zone.

Cory
      1992 325i Cabrio
      1988 320i Touring
      2000 M5
      1977 530i
      BMWCCA
      E30CCA

Comment

It's not specifically your touring that is different, it's no side markers vs. side markers which are required in the US.

If you are ever curious if a part is touring specific, just use realoem.com . You can pull up the part, then click on it to see a list of what models it was available on.

Comment

Originally posted by earthwormjim View Post
          It's not specifically your touring that is different, it's no side markers vs. side markers which are required in the US.

If you are ever curious if a part is touring specific, just use realoem.com . You can pull up the part, then click on it to see a list of what models it was available on.

Thanks. RealOEM is my best friend! That's how I found that the Touring fender has a different part number than USA cars that also do not have the side marker light in the fender.

FYI - Not all USA E30s have side marker lights in the fenders.

Cory
          1992 325i Cabrio
          1988 320i Touring
          2000 M5
          1977 530i
          BMWCCA
          E30CCA

Comment

Originally posted by cory58 View Post
            Thanks. RealOEM is my best friend! That's how I found that the Touring fender has a different part number than USA cars that also do not have the side marker light in the fender.

FYI - Not all USA E30s have side marker lights in the fenders.

Cory

Ha, I guess I should take my own advice.

I can't seem to see any difference. I know ECS carries both parts, perhaps they could tell you if you emailed them?

Comment

Working...
            X