Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

1986 325es M50 swap wiring same as 325i?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1986 325es M50 swap wiring same as 325i?

I spent some time searching but getting overwhelmed with too much info. Is the procedure for wiring an M50 into an E model the same as an "i" model or are there specific things I need to know that apply to the E model cars?

I picked up an M50 on Craigslist that was previously in an e30 with a modified M50 engine harness. I don't know which e30 it was in. Will this harness just work with my car ('86 325es) or do I need to modify some of the wiring.

As of now, I have the M50 in the car and running into the following issues:

1) Oil pressure light on with no key in the ignition
    2) Battery light on with no key in the ignition
    3) Fuel pump no running when I crank the motor. (Edit, looks like I didn't hook up my C104 connector, I'm guessing that will fix this issue)

Thanks for any help.
    Last edited by 540ig5; 05-27-2019, 07:40 AM.

The c104 doesn't make the fuel pump turn on/off. It just provides the signals for the economy gauge and tach gauge. Pin 2 is not required anymore.
    Are you using a Red label ecu? The Silver label will need to have the EWS removed.
    I would suggest to double check your grounds and power wires near your battery junction box.
    PNP Adapter Harness Wiring for M52TU, M54, S54, M60, M62, M62TU, S62, M50, S50, M52, S52 & MORE

sigpic

Comment

Working...
    X