Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I crashed my E30 and need help from knowledgeable people.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ELVA164 View Post
    Here's a tip that most likely will only make sense in the future: Who in the actual hell cares? They--and you, and again this isn't a personal attack--have no experience and no driving ability in a performance context. Let them think their tiny penises have been compensated for, and go along your way.
    I just want a fast car I guess. I don't really have access to the work space needed to swap my e30 and honestly no where near the amount of mechanical experience to do it. And obviously i will be broke for the next few months so no where near the $$$ required to pay for a swap.

Comment

Originally posted by J Mid View Post
      I just want a fast car I guess. I don't really have access to the work space needed to swap my e30 and honestly no where near the amount of mechanical experience to do it. And obviously i will be broke for the next few months so no where near the $$$ required to pay for a swap.
      I can understand why you feel that way, it's totally normal. That said, you will glean more enjoyment from a slow car than a fast one. I'd recommend you get a British sportscar like my old Triumph Spitfire, but your parents would not like a death trap for you. Fast cars are just a more direct path to finding yourself over your head. I see it at the race track all the time; people buy super fast cars but can't drive them properly, so they end up having a worse time than people in slower cars who took the time to really polish their skills.

I'd be more than happy to chat with you further about it if you'd like :)
      Interested in vintage cars? Ever thought about racing one? Info, photos, videos, and more can be found at www.michaelsvintageracing.com!

Elva Courier build thread here!

Comment

I can understand why you feel that way, it's totally normal. That said, you will glean more enjoyment from a slow car than a fast one. I'd recommend you get a British sportscar like my old Triumph Spitfire, but your parents would not like a death trap for you. Fast cars are just a more direct path to finding yourself over your head. I see it at the race track all the time; people buy super fast cars but can't drive them properly, so they end up having a worse time than people in slower cars who took the time to really polish their skills.

I'd be more than happy to chat with you further about it if you'd like :)
        Where i live sucks for being into cars especially low ones ): everyone around here just drives lifted trucks and the people who do drive low cars drive civics. The roads are horrible there are no pavement race tracks not that i know of at least. I would have to drive to Portland for anything like that. I understand what you are saying, but its not really very easy for me to get track experience or anything like that.

edit-- i guess it's just not easy to "polish my skills" not legally at least.

Comment

I'm going to try to get the car as close to how it was as possible, but i will need a new passenger side fender, and that dent in the rear quarter is pretty gnarly not sure that will ever fully come out. Oh and the hood has a small dent along with paint damage. Yep basically i ruined a super clean e30. Isn't that basically a crime on these forums? Will i be shot?

Comment

My car only has liability they would not cover the damage. I love my e30 for everything it is, but i hate seeing the look on those mustang driver kids faces when they say their car is faster than mine. Oh how i hate the mustang kids.
            Don't worry about that kind of shit for a while. The real fun comes after you have a good job with some money you can spend without eating ramen noodles to pay the rent.

It's really not fun being car broke, and that's what that train of thought will do to you as a student.

Have fun, fix your car, don't be dumb.

Edit: ELVA164 has an excellent point above.

To that point, my other car is a Miata with a stock drivetrain. I love that car! It's ridiculously fun.
            No E30 Club
            Originally posted by MrBurgundy
            Anyways, mustangs are gay and mini vans are faster than your car, you just have to deal with that.

Comment

Where i live sucks for being into cars especially low ones ): everyone around here just drives lifted trucks and the people who do drive low cars drive civics. The roads are horrible there are no pavement race tracks not that i know of at least. I would have to drive to Portland for anything like that. I understand what you are saying, but its not really very easy for me to get track experience or anything like that.

edit-- i guess it's just not easy to "polish my skills" not legally at least.
              My Spitfire had plenty of ground clearance for a sports car. I actually daily drove it all 4 seasons for 3 and a half years. But that wasn't my point as much as to let go of the desire for a "fast" car, because you do not need to be going fast yet. Fast only increases risk, and in a male teenager only encourages behavior which I've seen lead to serious and lasting consequences. Stick with the E30; you owe it to the car now to treat it as kindly as possible, so use it as the platform upon which to build your maturity as a driver. Responsibility, not speed. My track comparison may have been a bit confusing.
              Interested in vintage cars? Ever thought about racing one? Info, photos, videos, and more can be found at www.michaelsvintageracing.com!

Comment

If you can't drive a slow car fast, you for sure cannot drive a fast car fast. You're 16, you barely have real world driving experience. Fix your e30, don't worry about making it more powerful, realize you probably suck at driving, don't get but hurt when douche bag mustang owners say your car is slow, take it easy and and experience will come.

The best way to get experience it to royally fuck up and get your ego smashed, like the mailbox you took out.

Anyways, mustangs are gay and mini vans are faster than your car, you just have to deal with that.
                Originally posted by wholepailofwater
                Q
                :devil:

WTB: Dove Grey e36 Front Door Panels (2 door)

Comment

Originally posted by MrBurgundy View Post
                  mustangs are gay
                  Nothing wrong with being gay.

Comment

Yes, if you asked me 3 days ago I would have claimed I am just as good of a driver as anyone on the roads. Oh what an idiot I was. Oh what an idiot I still am.
                    We all gotta learn somehow, some in more significant ways than others.

I'm actually pretty thankful my dad made me drive an 82' Mercedes 300D through freshman-junior year of highschool. That thing is so slow it was nearly impossible to overdrive it (unless you really tried, but you could still oversteer if wet) so it was a great first car. I haven't been in any accidents (when I was driving) so I am thankful but just don't overstep what you can do.

I would just get it back up into a drive-able condition and enjoy it. No reason to hoon it around if it's your daily.

Also totally agree with ELVA164. It is honestly more fun to drive a slow car fast than a fast car slow. I have driven my friends bone stock NA miata and that thing was a hoot. You could drive the crap out of it but still be going 50mph after banging through 4 gears.
                    Last edited by ThatM20Guy; 02-27-2017, 07:45 PM.
                    89' 325ix Diamantschwarz/Black rattle can...

Insta: r_moose_w

Originally posted by flyboyx
                    I imagine her smelling like spoiled milk and having a half inch crust of doodoo circumnavigating her butthole.

Comment

Originally posted by Exodus_2pt0 View Post
                      Don't worry about that kind of shit for a while. The real fun comes after you have a good job with some money you can spend without eating ramen noodles to pay the rent.

It's really not fun being car broke, and that's what that train of thought will do to you as a student.

Have fun, fix your car, don't be dumb.

Edit: ELVA164 has an excellent point above.

To that point, my other car is a Miata with a stock drivetrain. I love that car! It's ridiculously fun.
                      Slow cars are fun says the guy with a B5S4 (i'm kidding)

yea being car broke sucks in a way, but cars bring me and i'm sure its the same for you a source of happiness. I love them and its a sacrifice i guess i'm willing to make.

Comment

I aint gay, but $20 is $20, and that's enough to buy me a cheap steak dinner. ;)
                        89' 325ix Diamantschwarz/Black rattle can...

Insta: r_moose_w

Originally posted by flyboyx
                        I imagine her smelling like spoiled milk and having a half inch crust of doodoo circumnavigating her butthole.

Comment

Didn't say that there was
                          Q

Comment

Originally posted by ThatM20Guy View Post
                            I aint gay, but $20 is $20, and that's enough to buy me a cheap steak dinner. ;)
                            Is that what the kids are calling it these days? ;)

Didn't say that there was
                            Then I guess I don't know what your point was mentioning Mustangs

Comment

Is that what the kids are calling it these days? ;)

Then I guess I don't know what your point was mentioning Mustangs
                              oh man...

you know what I meant, and no i don't mean that in a derogatory way towards homosexuals lol
                              Q

Comment

oh man...

you know what I meant, and no i don't mean that in a derogatory way towards homosexuals lol
                                we are getting off topic here

Comment

Working...
                                X