R3v halp

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

R3v halp

I've got a hard decision to make here, perhaps R3V can help.

I have 3 large purchases I want to make in the upcoming months, but my limited budget will only realistically allow 1 before the new year. I'm currently working on eliminating debt, working 2 jobs, and saving for a house next year. That being said, there are 3 things on my "short term bucket list" that I want to accomplish. I have a "fun" bank account that I've been building up for the specific reason of blowing it on something not debt/food/repair related purchases.

1. Engagement ring, $3500-4200. GF is significantly better looking than I, and I keep getting stupider and fatter with each passing month. I should probably hurry this one up. Been together 3 years, she's 100% "the one" ;D

2. Paint the e30, $1800-2000. Local Maaco, they've done great work for me in the past on my 540i, WRX, and I think my 325ic. My car has body work needed and 0 clear coat. Quoted at $1800 and comes with 3 year warranty. Car isn't a show car, so that's perfectly within reason for what I expect in terms of price vs quality. Car also hasn't been driven in 8 months, but I'd like it to be finished for spring 2019.

3. BCM Recce AR15 with Vortex Optic, $1800-2000. Will be used daily as my squad buddy at work. We already have AR15s in our squad, but they're beat to shit, optics are questionable, not set up for me, etc.. Could in theory be a life or death situation as I pull the rifle out about once a month.

PLS halp me
    Ring
    78.57%
    Paint
    16.67%
    Pew Pew
    4.76%

The poll is expired.

2007 Range Rover Sport S/C

No Rob = failed poll

Lock her down before she gets tired of your fat ass lol
    Simon
    Current Cars:
    -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

E30 > everything else

Comment

Jewelry is about the biggest waste of money you could run into. Is your girlfriend a jewelry girl? If so you'll have to bite the bullet. If not do both 1 and 2.

My wife's ring was $200. Mine was like $100. Our wedding was $250, including her dress. Seriously. We bought our house 2 months before getting married @ 24. Our experience is obviously not typical... But it's been really nice to have a 5 bedroom/2 bath house as we started our family and not have to worry about moving to accommodate the space needs of children.

On the other hand. The ar is very practical in that you'll presumably be using it for work as you say. Decisions, decisions.
        "A good memory for quotes combined with a poor memory for attribution can lead to a false sense of originality."
        -----------------------------------------
        91 318is Turbo Sold
        87 325 Daily driver Sold
        06 4.8is X5
        06 Mtec X3
        05 4.4i X5 Sold
        92 325ic Sold & Re-purchased
        90 325i Sold
        97 328is Sold
        01 323ci Sold
        92 325i Sold
        83 528e Totaled
        98 328i Sold
        93 325i Sold

Comment

Ooh want to say ring but paint is nice. A picture of all options could help future people decide lol.

Instagram: Reichart12

Comment

If you keep getting fatter and stupider, no ring is going to keep her out of the arms (and eventually bed) of another guy.

It's just how it is these days.
            Need parts now? Need them cheap? steve@blunttech.com
            Chief Sales Officer, Midwest Division—Blunt Tech Industries

www.gutenparts.com
            One stop shopping for NEW, USED and EURO PARTS!

Comment

I think what we're all saying is we need a pic of your GF
              Simon
              Current Cars:
              -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

^Was wondering how many posts it would take before that was asked for. :)
                "A good memory for quotes combined with a poor memory for attribution can lead to a false sense of originality."
                -----------------------------------------
                91 318is Turbo Sold
                87 325 Daily driver Sold
                06 4.8is X5
                06 Mtec X3
                05 4.4i X5 Sold
                92 325ic Sold & Re-purchased
                90 325i Sold
                97 328is Sold
                01 323ci Sold
                92 325i Sold
                83 528e Totaled
                98 328i Sold
                93 325i Sold

Comment

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post
                  No Rob = failed poll

Lock her down before she gets tired of your fat ass lol
                  Shit... I knew I was missing something. Feel free to change if you have that power....

Originally posted by Metallated View Post
                  E30 > everything else
                  I'll admit the temptation is real, but realistically it's probably tied right now with the gun in my mind, if not slightly behind the AR.

Originally posted by Schnitzer318is View Post
                  Jewelry is about the biggest waste of money you could run into. Is your girlfriend a jewelry girl? If so you'll have to bite the bullet. If not do both 1 and 2.

My wife's ring was $200. Mine was like $100. Our wedding was $250, including her dress. Seriously. We bought our house 2 months before getting married @ 24. Our experience is obviously not typical... But it's been really nice to have a 5 bedroom/2 bath house as we started our family and not have to worry about moving to accommodate the space needs of children.

On the other hand. The ar is very practical in that you'll presumably be using it for work as you say. Decisions, decisions.
                  She's not really a jewelry girl, which is great, but this is also really the only jewelry she's going to wear so I want to make it count.

The rifle is probably my #2 option right now. Last time I needed the AR the red dot was barely illuminated, no idea how long the battery had been turned on, no idea when it was cleaned last, who sighted it in, etc... Not a great feeling when people are popping off rounds in your direction :D

Originally posted by Reichart12 View Post
                  Ooh want to say ring but paint is nice. A picture of all options could help future people decide lol.
                  Working on it... I'll update the first post.

Originally posted by z31maniac View Post
                  If you keep getting fatter and stupider, no ring is going to keep her out of the arms (and eventually bed) of another guy.

It's just how it is these days.
                  I'm not getting too fat, but the stupid part is unavoidable :D

We're actually working on balancing diet and working out. Now that she's moving in and helping me balance 3rd shift, a second job that is about 15-25 hrs a week, I'm already eating better, sleeping more, and actually getting a chance to work out. Being happier in general is also helping :)

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post
                  I think what we're all saying is we need a pic of your GF
                  #WillDo
                  Last edited by Ryan...; 10-17-2018, 10:22 AM.

Comment

Girl:

Ring styles:

E30:

Comment

I think you should buy that cat a Gucci sweater

Current Collection: 1990 325is // 1987 325i Vert // 2003 525i 5spd // 1985 380SL // 1992 Ranger 5spd // 2005 Avalanche // 2024 Honda Grom SP

Comment

^My girlfriend and I are trying to the same regarding food/working out/etc.

She was diagnosed with RA this summer, so we are just trying to get that under control at the moment.
                        Need parts now? Need them cheap? steve@blunttech.com
                        Chief Sales Officer, Midwest Division—Blunt Tech Industries

www.gutenparts.com
                        One stop shopping for NEW, USED and EURO PARTS!

Comment

Originally posted by MrBurgundy View Post
                          I think you should buy that cat a Gucci sweater

If I could add that to the poll I would... Cat is 16 years old and suffering from kidney problems, so I bet a Gucci sweater would certainly help him feel better!

Originally posted by z31maniac View Post
                          ^My girlfriend and I are trying to the same regarding food/working out/etc.

She was diagnosed with RA this summer, so we are just trying to get that under control at the moment.
                          Ouch, sorry to hear that :(

Comment

Originally posted by Ryan... View Post
                            Not a great feeling when people are popping off rounds in your direction :D

#WillDo
                            Jeez wtf do you do for work?

Get the ring. The car's not gonna find someone else
                            The first car I ever rode in was an e30

Originally posted by Cabriolet
                            Wish you the best and hope you don't remember anything after 10pm.

1992 Mauritiusblau Vert
                            2011 Alpinweiss 335is coupe

2002 540i/6 Black/Black
                            2003 GSX-R 750 (RIP)

Comment

If you eat less, you'll lose weight, save money, keep the girl, and be able to paint your e30.

You're welcome.

Originally posted by whysimon
                              WTF is hello Kitty (I'm 28 with no kids and I don't have cable)

Comment

Working...
                              X