"E30" weathertech rubber floor mats don't fit, FYI

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"E30" weathertech rubber floor mats don't fit, FYI

Don't waste your money on the e30 weathertech floor mats. I'm not 100% sure but these mats look identical to the westhertech e46 ones I had gotten 5 years ago or so formy old e46.

It says they fit all models and it does not fit my convertible. Perhaps is the added sidewall reinforcement but neither the drivers more the passenger front mats fit at all. Drivers one catches on the clutch making it basically a death trap.

Anyway. Figured I would save someone the $120+ for these mats. I didn't even bother checking the rears.

They come with attachments labeled "new bmw" so it looks like this is just a universal mat that fits "most" 3 series.

Here's a link: https://www.weathertech.com/bmw/1991...s-all-weather/

It clearly says e30.

Not surprised at all. I get it, you have an E30 so you think these should work but what you should realize as a vert owner is that some things are vert specific. Yes, they should have specified that they fit all E30's except iC's. Not every E30 part fits an iX either and vice versa. Most aftermarket companies make parts for standard E30's coupes/sedans which often exclude iX and iC owners. Keep this in mind when shopping for parts/accessories going forward.

On another note, I am running Z3 M roadster mats in my convertible and they fit pretty well. Maybe try their Z3 roadster mats?
    Last edited by reelizmpro; 10-19-2018, 03:23 PM.
    "I'd probably take the E30 M3 in this case just because I love that little car, and how tanky that inline 6 is." - thecj

85 323i M TECH 1 S52 - ALPINEWEISS/SCHWARZE
    88 M3 - LACHSSILBER/SCHWARZE
    89 M3 - ALPINEWEISS II/M TECH CLOTH-ALCANTARA
    91 M TECHNIC CABRIO TURBO - MACAOBLAU/M TECH CLOTH-LEATHER

Comment

1 Series OEM all season rubber mats fit great. I have them in my car.
      1989 325is Lachssilber - Sold
      1990 325is Sterlingsilber - Current Project
      September 2018 Car of the Month: Zeemz
      Youtube Track & Autocross Videos

Comment

Originally posted by Zeemz View Post
        1 Series OEM all season rubber mats fit great. I have them in my car.
        Do you have a convertible though?
        "I'd probably take the E30 M3 in this case just because I love that little car, and how tanky that inline 6 is." - thecj

85 323i M TECH 1 S52 - ALPINEWEISS/SCHWARZE
        88 M3 - LACHSSILBER/SCHWARZE
        89 M3 - ALPINEWEISS II/M TECH CLOTH-ALCANTARA
        91 M TECHNIC CABRIO TURBO - MACAOBLAU/M TECH CLOTH-LEATHER

Comment

Originally posted by reelizmpro View Post
          Do you have a convertible though?

Admittedly, 1 series mats fit much better in my coupe. But all things considered, its still not that bad in a convertible and sounds like a much better fit than e46 mats.

Current:
          1989 325i
          1988 M3
          1987 325ic
          Past:
          2001 330ci
          2001 M3

Comment

I was wishfully thinking they would fit. Not a big deal though. So I guess my best option is to trim these ones or find a way to make it work. Haven’t seen any good solutions for vert rubber floor mats on the internet. Surprised there isn’t a genuine bmw one. Would gladly pay the premium.

And I kind of get why that is... who would need rubber mats for their convertible if it’s sipposed to be out in the sun.

Any recommendations that vert owners know work? Edit: just saw the above post. Wow those one series mats look thin! I’ll grab a picture of the weather tech ones.

But yes, it appears to be a similarly bad fit.

and the pass side showing with feet resting on mat

Last edited by BaltimoreBimmer; 10-20-2018, 01:38 PM.

Comment

I went through exact same thing with my 'vert. Called WeatherTech. They explained that the rubber mats like you ordered are "cut to fit." They let me return them for refund with no problem.

Their floor liner mats are custom sized to specific models. If they show availabilty for a specific car, they will fit like a glove. Knowing how many vendors don't understand the coupe/vert difference, I would still call them before ordering floor liners for a 'vert.

Cory

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
              1992 325i Cabrio
              1988 320i Touring
              2000 M5
              1977 530i
              2015 328i - Euro Delivery/Performance Center Delivery
              BMWCCA
              E30CCA

Comment

Originally posted by reelizmpro View Post
                I am running Z3 M roadster mats in my convertible and they fit pretty well. Maybe try their Z3 roadster mats?
                Me too. I was actually surprised, how decent the fitment was.
                '72 2002 pickup | '88 M5 | '89 330is | '89 M3 | '01 Z3M | '11 328xi-t

Comment

Working...
                X