Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

5 Lug Swap Brake Pedal Dropping

*FIXED*

Okay I have been troubleshooting this for a couple weeks now. Had two BMW mechanics look at it and we're all scratching our heads. I'm sure it's simple but if you have any input it would be most appreciated.

Things changed:

Front: 96+ M3 5 Lug Swap (Drove it for a week before I swapped the back brakes working great)

Rear: SRS Concepts Brake Adapter, running 325CI calipers/discs. Since I did the rear the pedal falls to the floor. The brakes all grab but the pedal keeps going. I have since changed the master, and in the process broke and changed the booster.

Is this in line with a leak somewhere? Or more in line with bad pairing of calipers to master size?

the rear calipers are nice napa remans and the fronts are already proven working.

Hope this isn't a stupid question, but don't know what else to do but ask around at this point, I need my car on the road x.x
    Last edited by ReillyTwo.0; 03-17-2018, 11:07 AM.

Can you pump up the pedal? If you pump the brake pedal does it eventually come up and hold?

Is the booster rod adjusted properly?
    2004 525i Manual - 1985 325E Coupe Manual

Comment

Fixed!

Okay for anyones future reference here's what happened and here's what and why I fixed it.

The calipers were on the wrong sides, so the bleeders were not angled up which created a pocket of air (for those that don't already know why that is important)

I did not switch them because my stock lines are too short to reach the new e46 calipers in their correct orientation.

I Did take the calipers and rotors off and hold them upright while I bled them so that I could put them back together in that orientation :P

Comment

Working...
      X