Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Roll bar + harness for occasional track use?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just in case anyone is interested in another option, I just had a guy build me a bar that I think looks to be better quality then anything else I have seen so far for a bolt in bar. Pic attached for reference. The fitment to me is spot on and at the best mounting points you could get for a bolt in bar.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	image1.JPEG
Views:	1
Size:	113.7 KB
ID:	7196437

Name:	IMG_5194.jpg
Size:	85.9 KB
ID:	7196438

Name:	IMG_5195.jpg
Size:	91.5 KB
ID:	7196439

Name:	IMG_5196.jpg
Size:	101.9 KB
ID:	7196440

Comment

Originally posted by haaken675 View Post
      Just in case anyone is interested in another option, I just had a guy build me a bar that I think looks to be better quality then anything else I have seen so far for a bolt in bar. Pic attached for reference. The fitment to me is spot on and at the best mounting points you could get for a bolt in bar.
      []
      How much did this cost you?
      Hank Ahrens
      1984 Alpine Coupe
      1978 911sc

Comment

I can forward you the guys contact details. I don’t know what he would charge including shipping. I was a guinea pig and helped verify fitment of his jig for sunroof and non sunroof cars.

Comment

Those base pads look very small- what do they attach to?

t
          now, sometimes I just mess with people. It's more entertaining that way. george graves

Comment

They probably bolt to the rocker edge, which is only about 2"-3 wide. They look like they are much longer than they are wide.

RISING EDGE

Let's drive fast and have fun.

Comment

They bolt on the rocker edge with backing plates. They are in fact longer then they are wide. I believe the rocker area is a stronger mounting point then further inbound on the floor, but I could be wrong.

Name:	IMG_5203.jpg
Size:	95.5 KB
ID:	7196452

Name:	IMG_5205.jpg
Size:	47.5 KB
ID:	7196453

Haven't finished my install yet as I want to paint my bar and clean up some interior pieces still, but I am very excited for the bar to be completely done.

Comment

Wow, that's an impressive fit!

When you drill the bolt holes, you'll get a good sense of how
                much meat they're attaching to. If it's only one layer, I'd be
                backing the pads up with a bigger plate, but if you get significant thickness,
                a good backing plate underneath and off you go.

t
                now, sometimes I just mess with people. It's more entertaining that way. george graves

Comment

You'll probably have to remove the fuel lines when drilling the driver's side. I don't know if this is really within the scope of a bolt in bar, but with my custom 4pt weld in bar they made big plates that bend over the rocker curve, and carry onto the floor pan as well.

RISING EDGE

Comment

Originally posted by Digitalwave View Post
                    You'll probably have to remove the fuel lines when drilling the driver's side. I don't know if this is really within the scope of a bolt in bar, but with my custom 4pt weld in bar they made big plates that bend over the rocker curve, and carry onto the floor pan as well.
                    Could you possibly post pics of those plates?
                    Hank Ahrens
                    1984 Alpine Coupe
                    1978 911sc

Comment

Originally posted by ahrensNW View Post
                      Could you possibly post pics of those plates?
                      This is the best pic I could find. I was wrong, they don't extend onto the floor pan. They just wrap around the seam at the rocker, and are welded at the bottom (close to where the floor pan joins the rocker). Don't mind my aluminum foil, it served as masking while the interior was being painted.

RISING EDGE

Comment

Originally posted by haaken675 View Post
                        I can forward you the guys contact details. I don’t know what he would charge including shipping. I was a guinea pig and helped verify fitment of his jig for sunroof and non sunroof cars.
                        Hey can I get that info please?

Comment

Originally posted by mindspin311 View Post
                          Hey can I get that info please?
                          PM sent.

Comment

Working...
                          X